Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems With Thread Update Notification (Read 2839 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems With Thread Update Notification

Hi,

The thread update notification doesn't work properly here. Actually, it does work, but I get the emails hours after the first reply. Maybe this has something to do with the "Post edited" bug someone noticed recently?

Perhaps one of the admins could look into this.

CU

Dominic

Reply #1
hmm,

I never get emails, that somebody has replied to threads, where I have posted.

I have enabled all email and so on in Control panel.

But in Control panel I don't see any subscribed threads.

Bug, or dumb user ?

edit:

In help I found how to get emails:

Click on track topic at top or bottom of site.

But I don't see that option ?

Reply #2
Email Notification of new messages
This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

To do this, simply click on the 'Track This Topic' link found at the top and bottom of any topic. When you click this link, the topic will be added to your subscriptions that are managed from your control panel.

Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get notified once per day of new replies.

I have found the button for tracking....

dumb user...

Reply #3
Hi Volcano,

the help tells, why there is time between notification and email:

Only once per day it is sent.

Reply #4
Only once per day it is sent.

Really...  I know that, that was also the case when Dibrom still had VBulletin running. But the email should be sent exactly when the first reply is posted (which was also the case with VBulletin). As soon as the recipient visits the topic, the notification gets re-enabled - until the next reply comes in.

-------------------->8--------------------

Eheh, since I'm honest, I'll leave that first bit in - I couldn't be any more embarassed now anyway.  One per day, yes, I've only just realized... *smacks head*... I had read that several times in the emails, but kinda never absorbed it.

IMHO the system VBulletin used was far more practical than this though. I visit this board at least twice a day and a re-enabling of the notification on thread visit would help keeping track of what's happening.

Sorry for troubling you... /me "versinkt in den Erdboden"

CU

Dominic

Reply #5
Hi, jetzt wollte ich schon deutsch schreiben...

Hi, just wanted to write in german....

from own experience I would say, that help text is not true.

The mail comes some time after a reply, not only once per day ; I assume.

Reply #6
Maybe that will be in the new version of ibf. Here's a list of what to expect:

What's new in this build?

Scroll to the bottom of the list, not exactly sure what some of those new features are, but maybe it'll be something more practical for topic tracking.