Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Wadvert Beta Testing Needed (Read 3210 times) previous topic - next topic

Wadvert Beta Testing Needed

Greetings,

Myself and a friend have made a program called WAdvert, it’s a program that runs along side Winamp 2, (version 3 support coming soon). The program checks you play list and then sends the details of what is played, how often, the music genres you like and such to the main database which you can then access via our website. Eventually we will have a global statistics page which shows everyone’s data together and you’ll also be able to make your data public to show other people without them having to log in. However at the moment we need people to bug test the application for us which is why I’m posting here. You can return the comments either on this forum or the one located on our site.

The URL for the program is www.wadvert.com.

Many thanks for your time,
Matt and Phil

Reply #2
At the moment it just collects the data and stores it for viewing over the web . Once all that is sorted we'll add messaging and the like to it so you can contact other people with the same musical tastes. As well as anything anyone else suggests that's a good idea 

-Matt

Reply #3
Excellent privacy invasion. Will be installed right away.

Reply #4
The source code is available from next week to show its free of spyware and nasty posting code...we just created it for ourselves to put what song we're listening to on our web sites, then had a few mates wanting the same functionality, so WAdvert was made

What it does provide is a community site and soon a way to message other people...I'm sure you can find other Backstreet Boys fans   

Regards,

Phil

Reply #5
I'm sure you can find other Backstreet Boys fans

Sweet!

Reply #6
I'm sure you can find other Backstreet Boys fans

Sweet!

Messaging should be done within the next couple of months.

Reply #7
I can feel the boot swinging its way down to me now