Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files (Read 2780 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files

When i use tag with ape files i get the following message with every file:

Readfileinfo failed.

It IS working (writing tags, making playlists), but the message is kind of confusing, since it is working. Is there a way to disable this check or is it a bug of some sort ?

Second question:
Is there a way to read the existing tags to screen or file ? I know of the --tofile option but thats with creating new tags, right ?

Sort of request:
And maybe it would be nice to extend the --caps option to --capsartist so only the artist field would be capitalized. I use a naming scheme with the artist --caps and the track --Caps. As far as i know i can only use one at a time rigth now.

Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files

Reply #1
When i use tag with ape files i get the following message with every file:

Readfileinfo failed.

It IS working (writing tags, making playlists), but the message is kind of confusing, since it is working. Is there a way to disable this check or is it a bug of some sort ?

Not at the moment, but I will take that warning away, it was put there by accident. Once I'm less lazy I'll add real APE info reader too.

Is there a way to read the existing tags to screen or file ? I know of the --tofile option but thats with creating new tags, right ?

--tofile option works together with all functions, it will direct all screen output to given file.

And maybe it would be nice to extend the --caps option to --capsartist so only the artist field would be capitalized. I use a naming scheme with the artist --caps and the track --Caps. As far as i know i can only use one at a time rigth now.

I'll add some nice function for this.

Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files

Reply #2
Not at the moment, but I will take that warning away, it was put there by accident. Once I'm less lazy I'll add real APE info reader too.

Ah, OK.

--tofile option works together with all functions, it will direct all screen output to given file.

OK, got it now:
tag *.ape --tofilen tag.txt

I took me some time to figure out that 'tag *.ape' outputs the current tags on the files.

I'll add some nice function for this.

Thanks, looking forward to it 

Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files

Reply #3
Version 2.0.27 uploaded.
It now reads file info from Monkey's files instead of showing bogus error messages and there are new case conversion functions that only work on given tag items.

Tag 2.0.26 & .ape Files

Reply #4
Wow, thanks ! I'm going to download it rigth now to give it a 'test-drive' ..

I can't believe you're always that fast with responding on requests .. Two thumbs up, Case !