Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar gives resync error (Read 1862 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar gives resync error

can anybody pls help me.
i downloaded a complete album,and i know that all the files are fine as the source was a trusted source.
i am getting the following kind of error each time the track switches:-

WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream error at 7945280 bytes, attempting resync
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg resync failed
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://E:\tmpStuFf\mIRC\Complete\Ozzy_Osbourne-Prince_Of_Darkness_(Box_Set)-4CD-2005-XXL\103-ozzy_osbourne-crazy_train.mp3" (0)
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream error at 8544083 bytes, attempting resync
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg resync failed
INFO (CORE) : opening file for playback :
INFO (CORE) : location: "file://E:\tmpStuFf\mIRC\Complete\Ozzy_Osbourne-Prince_Of_Darkness_(Box_Set)-4CD-2005-XXL\104-ozzy_osbourne-goodbye_to_romance_(live).mp3" (0)

what does it mean?
i am an average pc user so pls be a little easy on being very technical.
pls help

foobar gives resync error

Reply #1
Well, the files aren't fine as they have resync errors. I'd say that if the files really are fine on the machine you downloaded them from, there was a problem with the download and perhaps a redownload would help. Not that we support that here
Perhaps you should ask the guy you got them from to play the files in foobar and tell if he gets also those errors.