Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album list, album art etc. above playlist? (Read 2844 times) previous topic - next topic

Album list, album art etc. above playlist?

Having taken a good look through the foobar gallery thread and seen a huge number of great looking foobars, I need to ask a question.

I already have columnsUI and the sidebar, filled with my playlist, albumlist, album art, track info and so forth. I noticed though that some people have theirs above their playlist. I thought this would be really helpful to me, especially as my album list is pretty wide so I have to do some horizontal scrolling normally.

However, no matter how many options or changes I try to make, I can't seem to get them up there! In fact the only way I managed it was to add the albumart panel next to the control buttons, but it then can't be resized to be bigger! Does anyone know of a way to do this?

As an example of what i'm looking for and talking about, take a look at Stratman's layout in the foobar gallery (quick link -> here). This is the sort of effect i'm looking for.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
- LordAlu -

Reply #1
Yeah, it's not entirely obvious. I'm still not sure if I can make it behave like I want it to... but I do know an option that I think matters. In Columns UI's options, this page: http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:config:other there is a checkbox, "List all toolbars"... IIRC it makes all the CUI panels available for selection in the toolbar.

And then I guess you should set minimum height for the album art panel so that it doesn't get resized to normal toolbar height.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, I've just experimented with this like once...

Reply #2
Hmm, it does kinda work, but there are some problems with it. For example, I can't specify the minimum height of the spectrum analyzer unless it's in a tabbed panel stack, but I can only seem to have one tabbed panel stack. Seems to be on the right track though  I'll continue to play about a bit...
- LordAlu -

Reply #3
It's considered a hack to put panels above the playlist with current versions of Columns UI. As far as I know, this feature will be added properly in a future version. Until then, you'll have to live with such workarounds as the tabbed panel stack and min height.

Reply #4
Thaaat's right... you've got to have a tabstack and set its min height. I remember now. And you can have multiple tabstacks by holding shift when adding it from the toolbar context menu.