Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Unable to avoid clipping (Read 3325 times) previous topic - next topic

Unable to avoid clipping

Hello.
From times to times, i get clipping with foobar.
I don't understand why:
- my tracks have RG info
- "use peak info to scale down tracks that still clip after applying replaygain" is checke
- i use  the advanced limiter

These settings should be overkill, and i should not get clipping, or at least i think so.

Who has an idea ?

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #1
Do you hear clipping or do you get clipping warnings in the console output?
I'm also using the advanced limiter and I never get clipping warnings in the console. But that doesn't mean that there cannot be any distortion in the music you hear if the recording/mastering was horrible. In such cases nothing can help you (afaik).

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #2
I hear clipping, and i see it in patchmix (sound card mixer). However, i'm unable to see the console since i disabled it one day, and i'm unable to find the way to enable it again  .

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #3
I think the console component is part of every installer available.

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #4
is the limiter at the end of the DSP-chain, or are other DSPs *after* the limiter? (the order does matter)

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #5
If it sounds like crackling then mute all the outputs & inputs that you don't use and lower the volumes in your driver.

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #6
i'm unable to see the console since i disabled it one day, and i'm unable to find the way to enable it again
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290581"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From the menu (hope you still have that  ) components -> Show console ?
Else reinstall.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Unable to avoid clipping

Reply #7
is the limiter at the end of the DSP-chain, or are other DSPs *after* the limiter? (the order does matter)

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290589"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's in the last position of the dsp chain.