Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: tagging breaks compatibility with iPod Shuffle (Read 1371 times) previous topic - next topic

tagging breaks compatibility with iPod Shuffle

It took me quite some time to figure out what kept my .m4a files from being played on my iPod Shuffle.
As I store all my music as .flac I had to transcode them and thought I give AAC a try. Since the Nero encoder is supposed to give better results I decided to go with aacenc32.exe. The first file I encoded for a quick test and syncronized with foo_pod turned out to play flawless on the iPod. But I realized that they had no tags. So I reconfigured the Diskwriter tag option to 'default'. All files showed correct tag information, but didn't play anymore (on the iPod). First I suspected the new Nero codec 3.0.0.5 I installed in between. But in the end it was the foobar tagging that broke it.

So for now I let aacenc32 do the tagging and everything seems to work. When I need to change some tags I just use TGF (but I would prefer to use masstagger, etc. again).

Any thoughts?

Regards, h_o_m_e_r