Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Acting Up (Read 4416 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Acting Up

Lately foobar has been giving me a weird problem.  It usually happens over long stretches of time, like I go to bed with music playing, and awake to find this happening.  Sometimes it happens within half an hour.

What happens is foobar will display itself playing X song, and will show itself at a paused state, while in fact it's playing a different song.  Everything on the foobar window...progress bar, status bar etc, show it playing X song, and if I try to use the hotkey to copy the currently playing song, it selects the one it says is on pause....not the one it';s actually playing.  If I manually select a different song, it goes away for the time being and acts normally, but otherwise it keeps doing this.

Here's a screenshot.  It looks like this right now, while it's actually playing track #2 off Panopticon.

Foobar Acting Up

Reply #1
I've had this happen as well.

Foobar Acting Up

Reply #2
Anyone....?

Foobar Acting Up

Reply #3
i had this annoying problem as well months ago.
And it was happening on 3 computers with different hardware
After trying various things to solve this ( removing all plugins , using the default formating string, checking for new audio card drivers, new install ... ) without any success, it seems that since i m using "directsound" instead of "waveout" in "Preference>Playback>Output>Output method", it has put an end to this behaviour on the 3 computers. But i don't know if it s a coincidence or not, maybe an expert or a developer could tell
Anyway if you re not already using directsound , give it a try

Foobar Acting Up

Reply #4
i had this annoying problem as well months ago.
And it was happening on 3 computers with different hardware
After trying various things to solve this ( removing all plugins , using the default formating string, checking for new audio card drivers, new install ... ) without any success, it seems that since i m using "directsound" instead of "waveout" in "Preference>Playback>Output>Output method", it has put an end to this behaviour on the 3 computers. But i don't know if it s a coincidence or not, maybe an expert or a developer could tell
Anyway if you re not already using directsound , give it a try
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289317"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll try this out, just changed this option.  We'll see where it ghoes from here.  Thank you.