Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: f2k's gone weird (Read 2639 times) previous topic - next topic

f2k's gone weird

Hello champs and champesses,

foob's started having a couple of issues lately.  "Boo, hiss, rubbish!" I hear you cry.  Well, quite.

First up, it was 0.8.2 -- it kept losing playlists from day to day.  Maybe this was down to me not closing it properly before shutting down Windows, so it didn't have time to write to disc.  Can anyone confirm?

Then, it All Went Really Weird the other night.  First up, fooby forgot all my playlists.  All of them.  And many of my settings.  And my sexy formatting strings wot I nicked from someone's website.  As an aside, Kerio lost all my firewall rules, too.  I wonder if they're related incidents.  The machine is virus and spyware free (so says McAfee, AVG, and MS Spyware) and generally in a good state of health.

Now, when I go to open a playlist, it opens it as the currently selected playlist.  Opening multiple playlists at once (e.g. Albums.fpl, Singles.fpl, Chilled.fpl from the same Open dialog) concatenates them all in to the same playlist.  If I make a new playlist, then "open" one from disc in to it, foobs immediately starts playing the first entry -- which it never did before.  I can't find the settings that might be causing this.

I upgraded to the latest version (0.8.3 at the time of posting) and it's still being weird.

Anyone got any ideas?

tainadvance,
Nick.

f2k's gone weird

Reply #1
First up, it was 0.8.2 -- it kept losing playlists from day to day.  Maybe this was down to me not closing it properly before shutting down Windows, so it didn't have time to write to disc.  Can anyone confirm?

Then, it All Went Really Weird the other night.  First up, fooby forgot all my playlists.  All of them.  And many of my settings.  And my sexy formatting strings wot I nicked from someone's website.  As an aside, Kerio lost all my firewall rules, too.  I wonder if they're related incidents.  The machine is virus and spyware free (so says McAfee, AVG, and MS Spyware) and generally in a good state of health.

first paragraph... yes, foobar saves the playlist on a successful shutdow, so if the playlists weren't saved, then probably foobar weren't shut down properly.

second. Sometimes the foobar2000.cfg screws up on a faulty shutdown. (this may or may not have something to do with your audioscrobbler plugin). This means all the settings will clear. Best way to not let this happen to you is to 1) save the cfg often, 2) make a batchfile which backups the file everytime foobar starts or 3) stop using the component which screws up (which probably is audioscrobbler).
Om jag var söt som jocke thå,
skulle du tycka om mig då?

f2k's gone weird

Reply #2
I've removed audioscrobbler, deleted foobar2000.cfg in the hope f2k will make a new one.  Alas, playlist handling is still broken. 

f2k's gone weird

Reply #3
Uninstalled foobar, deleted the directory, removed any registry entry relating to fb2k or foobar2000.

And it still won't handle playlists properly as a virgin special install.

What's wrong? Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Surely I must be?  :|

f2k's gone weird

Reply #4
Try not to use the special install?
Om jag var söt som jocke thå,
skulle du tycka om mig då?

f2k's gone weird

Reply #5
Try not to use the special install?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288356"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What exactly is wrong with the special install?