Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: metadb_handle leaks (Read 3971 times) previous topic - next topic

metadb_handle leaks

'I'm getting metadb_handle leaks' errors on exit.

I've run some tests and I get them whether i've played 1 or 100 files. Although it doesn't appear to matter if I haven't playeyed any files!

In fact it appears whenever there's something going to be written back to the mp3 tag.

I just restarted foobar, wrote a value to the tag, in which it was reported the write was good. closed down and got one leak.

I reopened and edited three tags and got three leaks.

What else do you want to know so we can fix this?

Thanks

edit: I thought I would reboot and try again, and was hoping for the best. But, alas, I still get thesemetadb_handle leaks. Any ideas?

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #1
I've been getting this too.  Without having done any testing, I assumed it was caused by the foo_playlistcount plugin, since the start of the errors roughly coincided with its installation and it makes sense since it uses the other db.

I tend to get a lot more leaks the more songs I have played with foobar.  Other than this error, though, I haven't noticed any problems, so I didn't worry much about it...

BTW, I'm running win98, as this often seems to be relevant.

stripe/ben

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #2
Well I don't think it's a win 98 error, nor do I really think it's an error with the playcount component (although I wont rue it out just yet).

I say this because I installed the play counter earlier yesterday and didn't have any problems until today. And I had shutdown the app a few times...

Ok, I just ran a test. I removed the playcounter dll and went in, changed some tags and jumped out. the error is still there. I will have to go through this one by one I suppose

Unless someone can help us out

edit ok, i just went in and played tracks, no tag editing, with play counter removed, nothing written back to the tags. still leaks

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #3
Do you use the standard "Properties" dialog in foobar2000 or another component?

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #4
Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking. Is there more than one properties page? Ok, I'm thinking of preferences. So I'm still not sure what property you are talking about. 

I can start foobar and play one file. I look at NO properties and exit after playing the track for less than 5 seconds. I get the error.

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #5
I was talking about the file info dialog; for clarity: you open the default file info dialog from the context menu using the "Properties..." command. There is at least one third party alternative for the default file info dialog, but you are not using that, if I understand you correctly.

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #6
I was talking about the file info dialog; for clarity: you open the default file info dialog from the context menu using the "Properties..." command. There is at least one third party alternative for the default file info dialog, but you are not using that, if I understand you correctly.
It doesn't matter if I use that or not. Using it also generates the error. I have had foobar open for a few hours now, playing continuously and modifying files, and when I just closed it, I only got 5! Wow, I was expecting more than that!

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #7
I'm also getting those metad handle leaks messages. I'm not sure what's causing them but it seems (but I'm not sure at all) that it's foo_playcount mod or foo_quicktag_sql.

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #8
I'm also getting those metad handle leaks messages. I'm not sure what's causing them but it seems (but I'm not sure at all) that it's foo_playcount mod or foo_quicktag_sql.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287825"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, I don't understand, I took a few components out, and it still happened (including foo_playcount) and so I put them back and it still happened again.

I rebooted and it made no difference. So I gave up, just thinking if we have memory leaks at all, I'd just need to reboot when i finished. I edit many hundred files and played almost as many songs, and when I exited foobar, it was ok. I have run and stopped it a few more times, and it's all good now...

I dont understand it.

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #9
I just noticed that it's not happening anymore.  The only change I've made regarding plugins is installing foo_mod instead of foo_dumb (...which is probably not the problem).

stripe/ben

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #10
I just thought I would add, as strangely as they appeared, they have disappeared. go figure

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #11
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287825"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't get any and I run a fair few plugins. Any chance of a list of yours, with version numbers?

metadb_handle leaks

Reply #12
I also got this a few times after installing the mod of play count.

And it is related to play count. As it started happening right after installing. Nothing else changed.

Maybe you guys should add to:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=289239

cya,
  Will
God Bless U.S.A