Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: choosing mp3cue files 100% cpu-use (Read 2589 times) previous topic - next topic

choosing mp3cue files 100% cpu-use

good morning,
i have one problem using foobar v0.8.3 and mp3cue files.
Everytime I choose one track from a mp3cue, the cpu-use raises to around 100% percent. I have no problems playing those tracks in winamp.
The strange thing is some tracks work and some don`t. When i´m klicking all tracks from one .cue the cpu-use raises sometimes and when i choose them again everything is ok. After closing and reopening foobar the same problem.
I searched a long time in the forum but couldn´t find anything. I hope someone can help me.

i´m using
win2000 sp4
kx driver 5.10.00.3537
foobar lite v0.8.3

Reply #1
http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html#FAQ_t4

Why is MP3 seeking so terribly slow?

The MP3 format doesn't natively support sample-accurate seeking, and sample accurate seeking is absolutely required by some other features of foobar2000 (such as .CUE playback). Therefore, MP3 seeking works by bruteforce-walking the MPEG stream chain (this gets faster when you pass through the same point of file for the second time because seektables have been built in the RAM). Unfortunately, seeking can't be optimized for CBR files (frame sizes aren't really constant because of padding used), or for VBR headers (both Xing and VBRI headers contain only approximated info and are useless for sample-exact seeking).

Reply #2
http://foobar2000.org/FAQ.html#FAQ_t4

Why is MP3 seeking so terribly slow?

The MP3 format doesn't natively support sample-accurate seeking, and sample accurate seeking is absolutely required by some other features of foobar2000 (such as .CUE playback). Therefore, MP3 seeking works by bruteforce-walking the MPEG stream chain (this gets faster when you pass through the same point of file for the second time because seektables have been built in the RAM). Unfortunately, seeking can't be optimized for CBR files (frame sizes aren't really constant because of padding used), or for VBR headers (both Xing and VBRI headers contain only approximated info and are useless for sample-exact seeking).

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288387"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think it's an explanation to his problem. He has problems with playing files and not seeking.

Reply #3
I don't think it's an explanation to his problem. He has problems with playing files and not seeking.

Isn't choosing a track in a single MP3-File with a cuesheet similar with seeking!?

Reply #4

Isn't choosing a track in a single MP3-File with a cuesheet similar with seeking!?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288411"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is exactly that.