Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with Columns UI and albumlist panel (Read 2504 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Columns UI and albumlist panel

I for a long time listen to music on a computer on Foobar2000 because it has the most transparent sounding.

But only recently has engaged in its interface - foo_ui_columns and foo_albumlist (foo_uie_albumlist).

I have seen one lack foo_ui_columns which does not allow to display logically the order of songs in an album under number of a track. This absence of global sorting ui_columns.

At foo_albumlist (panel) is present two lacks:

1. It is one global sorting on all strings of display playlist. To switch sorting at each switching a string of display playlist, it is necessary to come in Foobar2000-Preference-Album list and manually to switch a string of sorting.

2. I cannot write a string of display of directories which cleverly would display all directories database, thus having allowed me to show the name songs taken from Tags.

Therefore I address for the help. Somebody could solve these problems?

Reply #1
I have seen one lack foo_ui_columns which does not allow to display logically the order of songs in an album under number of a track. This absence of global sorting ui_columns.

Have you tried looking at the main menu, "playlist->sort->sort by..."?  A simple sort string like "%artist% - %album% - $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%" should do the trick.

Reply #2

Have you tried looking at the main menu, "playlist->sort->sort by..."?  A simple sort string like "%artist% - %album% - $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%" should do the trick.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285506"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You offer ordinary  manual sorting.
Which it is necessary to do each time as opens next playlist. 
Otherwise display playlist will be in standard sorting Foobar2000.

I am interested with the global sorting, established by the user.

As I understand Columns_UI displays playlist to the sorting  default rigidly accepted in Foobar2000.

Therefore each time, a  you want to display playlist in sorting the user, it is necessary for you to do  manual operation of sorting.

Or I am not right?

Reply #3
You offer ordinary manual sorting.
Which it is necessary to do each time as opens next playlist.
Otherwise display playlist will be in standard sorting Foobar2000.

I am interested with the global sorting, established by the user.

I think ColumnsUI and album list use the "Sort incoming Files by" string in Preference > Core.  Changing that should let you use any sort order you like, and have it always applied.