Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Media Keyboad & Systray (Read 2145 times) previous topic - next topic

Media Keyboad & Systray

the media keyboard controls do not work, when fb2k is minimized to the notification area ("systray"). however, when i press "play" fb2k will maximize, but then i have to press "play" again to play/pause a track.

feature or bug?

my setup:
-foobar2000 0.8.3
-ms natural multimedia keyboard

Media Keyboad & Systray

Reply #1
I found that the best method to use with foobar and the MS multimedia keyboard is to not install the intellitype drivers at all, and just assign global shortcuts to the multimedia keys in foobar.

Media Keyboad & Systray

Reply #2
My MS MultiMedia Keyboard works perfectly with foobar with IntelliType installed. I didn't even have to change the default actions for the buttons, so I can control all the other media players with them also.

Media Keyboad & Systray

Reply #3
I have a very similar problem with my dell inspiron laptop.  no other media player exhibits this behavior except fb2k which sucks as i love fb2k.  the only button that does anything when fb2k is minimized to the system tray is the play/pause button.  when it is pressed the track starts over from the beginning as though i told it to stop and start again.  when fb2k is restored to a normal window the media control buttons work just fine.  i have tried setting the keyboard controls manually thinking it might help, but it still exhibits this braindead behavior.  windows media player, media player classic, and winamp all work just fine with the multimedia keys minimized or not.

Ophidian