Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to turn off error messages from the console? (Read 2746 times) previous topic - next topic

How to turn off error messages from the console?

E.g. when I am playing a whole folder with shuffle-play, then sometimes error messages occur which interrupt foobar2000. So how can I turn off/ignore error messages from the console?

Reply #1
E.g. when I am playing a whole folder with shuffle-play, then sometimes error messages occur which interrupt foobar2000. So how can I turn off/ignore error messages from the console?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284126"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What kind of massegess are they?
Anyway:
Run console, options -> uncheck "popup on errors"

Reply #2
and uncheck Stop playing on file open errors in preferences - core to go to the next file in case of an error

Reply #3
foobar is a lot less tolerant of errors compared to all the media players I've used. What is the reason for that? How can I set it so that it keeps on playing even when encountering error (instead of skipping to the next track)?

Reply #4
I wouldn't call it 'a lot less tolerant'. I would call it 'a lot more transparent'. I guess Foobar's creator subscribes to the philosophy of correcting errors rather than just glazing over them.

Reply #5
It's more verbose as it expects your an intelligent person who wants to be kept informed. Most other players (and other programs) expects the user to be a stupid person who will only achive headache and anxiety if technical information are displayed...

That's not the same as "a lot less tolerant of errors"....
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts