Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: When APE and ID3V2 tags both present... (Read 2778 times) previous topic - next topic

When APE and ID3V2 tags both present...

Nevermind, figured it out. Sorry 'bout that.

Reply #1
No. It reads only APEv2. Usually it contains only replaygain info, so you see an empty tag.

edit: oops, next tim i'll try to read body, not only subject..

Reply #2
i have all my mp3s mp3gained, so they all have ape tags.
foobar shows the tag info from the ones with only id3v1 tags with no problems, but not the ones that have id3v2 tags.
reading this, ive found out that its reading the ape tags instead of the id3v2 tags.
is there anyway to have it read both so that it displays the tags correctly in my playlist?

Reply #3
i have all my mp3s mp3gained, so they all have ape tags.
foobar shows the tag info from the ones with only id3v1 tags with no problems, but not the ones that have id3v2 tags.
reading this, ive found out that its reading the ape tags instead of the id3v2 tags.
is there anyway to have it read both so that it displays the tags correctly in my playlist?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289294"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This has been discussed a few times in the past... So you only get the abridged version:

No - not without further work by yourself. The short of it is, you have to strip out the APEv2 tags (which ditches your MP3Gain info) but once removed, you can copy your ID3v1 tags to ID3v2 tags (if you still so choose) and use replaygain in foobar to repopulate the missing mp3gain info that you deleted.

Like I said, short version. Do some detailed searches you will find many topics on this and related issues