Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar - allofmp3 384kbps (Read 4351 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar - allofmp3 384kbps

is there a way to get foobar to support allofmp3's free-form 384kbps mp3's? thanks in advance

Reply #1
Try if it works with the mad-decoder.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
It won't, since foo_input_std still handles the base stream, and it does not support "free format" or whatever it's called.

Reply #3
I think Madplay are your best bet for playing those. If there's anything else that supports it I at least haven't heard of it.

Tip: Use Madplay with wildcard support from commandline with:
Code: [Select]
madplay -v --display-time remaining -a -1.5 --tty-control *.mp3

and you can control playback with:
Code: [Select]
The keyboard controls are:

P
       Pause; press any key to resume.
   S
       Stop; press any key to replay the current file from the beginning.
   F
       Forward; advance to the next file.
   B
       Back; replay the current file, unless it has been playing for less than 4 seconds, in which case replay the previous file.
   T
       Time display; change the time display mode. This only works with -v (--verbose). The display mode alternates among overall playing time, current time remaining, and current playing time.
   +
       Increase gain; increase the audio output gain by 0.5 dB.
   -
       Decrease gain; decrease the audio output gain by 0.5 dB.
   Q
       Quit; stop decoding and exit.

http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man1/madplay.1.php
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #4
I think Madplay are your best bet for playing those. If there's anything else that supports it I at least haven't heard of it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283528"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You could also use the MAD Winamp plug-in (in_mad.dll), which works perfectly with 384k files. It probably works with all players that can use Winamp plug-ins (I tested it with Winamp and 1by1).
Proverb for Paranoids: "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."
-T. Pynchon (Gravity's Rainbow)

Reply #5
You could also use the MAD Winamp plug-in (in_mad.dll), which works perfectly with 384k files. It probably works with all players that can use Winamp plug-ins (I tested it with Winamp and 1by1).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288066"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmmm.... and it even plays 640 kbps mp3  (who the f**k would make those.... or even worse, test it...?)
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts