Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mr QuestionMan 0.6 released (Read 46026 times) previous topic - next topic

Mr QuestionMan 0.6 released

Reply #100
Anyway, what happened can't be changed now. I'm gonna take a step back and let Miriam run with it for a while and see what he comes up with. I've got enough other things to do, I'm not gonna waste any more time with this for now.

I'm sorry to hear this.  I'm still using 0.6 and was going to wait for your next release.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, Gambit may take a look [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32441]here[/url] as I released 0.6.66 of Mr QuestionMan ME.
This, with some minor updates, of course, will be the version of Mr QuestionMan ME to stay for a while.
If he wants to, Gambit may just start working again on Mr QuestionMan, as I won't release any new big improvements (except some relatively minor updates) to Mr QuestionMan ME for a while - in the short-term. [real life (business programming + school) is killing my spare time, unfortunatelly ]

Reply #101
@OggZealot: I'm really not feeling like "wow,  I added 3 lines of codes, I am the boss now". It's simply stupid. I acknowledge Gambit as the real developer of this project.
I call myself a guy that made some contribution to this project, and nothing more.
I just wanted to help, that's all.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283676"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please ignore OggZealot. From the start his interventions in this thread didn't contribute anything other than to increase the already high SNR.

Reply #102
rjamorim:

I want your public appologies RIGHT NOW !!! lol

(/me jokes)

I think on the contrary that all the drama is coming to an end because we talked openly about it ...

I pointed out the behavior issue with Miriam & you pointed out the licenses issues with Gambit ... now that Miriam made his appologies ... there is nothing left to blame Miriam with ...

All I expect now is that Gambit, accept the fact that he made an error by releasing Mr QuestionMan as LGPL without endorsing all the consequences & friendly forgives Miriam ...

most likely if we (third party users) didn't point out that both sides had its wrong in this story, Gambit would have waited forever for Miriam to make the first step as he would have thought Miriam was rude & Miriam would not have made the step because of his LGPL shield ...

I just tried to speed up things ... as I don't think 2 MrQM are necessary ...

I love this soft ... I just don't want it spoiled ...

Reply #103
I really cant c the need of two MrQM, so I really hope that Gambit & Miriam team up and make 1 hell of a "Audio Inspector".

//NR

Reply #104
Sounds like MQM needs some CVS goodness to me.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #105
you can get a free sourceforge account

Reply #106
Sourceforge is terrible. The services there seem held together with duct tape. Also, most services are painfully slow.

I would recommend Berlios
http://developer.berlios.de/

Reply #107
I don’t know if I would call Berlios a “reliable” SF replacement...

Anyway, it’s obvious Miriam is not interested in a cooperation, so I don’t know why y’all even bother.

Reply #108
Anyway, it’s obvious Miriam is not interested in a cooperation, so I don’t know why y’all even bother.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284950"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, my. So much drama...

This thread should have been closed already. Or, at least, whe whole code branching overreaction from involved parts should have been split.

I mean... WTF? Do you guys believe Merkur used to get his panties twisted in knots whenever somebody released an eMule mod? Or that Mark Tailor posted an entry full of grief at his live journal when the japs released Gogo?

The whole behaviour around here is very childish. Part if it is understandable from a) Miriam not releasing his branch in the nicest way (he went great lenghts to fix that later) and b) Gambit not understanding what it meant to release his code under the LGPL. But the rest is just overreaction, drama, possessiveness and people trying to act as victims of fate.

Reply #109

Frankly, I don't see it obvious at all.
Have you asked me and I refused cooperation?

Actually, you are very wrong. Contrary to what you may be thinking, I am very opened to cooperation.
Anyway, considering the existance of some taste (and not only!) differences between us, I think that the best way is the following:
- On the short term, each of us will take it's own way in implement specific features. Thus, there will be 2 versions of MrQuestionMan - "standard" and ME. Hopefully, as the time passes by, they will be more and more resembling one to each other (see next item) and probably, the justification for a branch will disappear. At that time, the projects will very likely been merged.
- If one would consider that a certain feature from the other's branch worth be implemented (to be read = better for the program/user), then he is freely to "steal" that feature, copy&paste code from the other's code -- with or without his confirmation, as long as he gives the other the rightful credit.
- Questions/suggestions at a R&D level between "mates" are welcomed and, ethically, encouraged. I mean, sort of "Hi, I've found a new better method to do thing X" or "Wouldn't be better if ...?" or "I encounter a nasty bug when doing thing X. Do you know any method to get rid of it?".
This will be benefic for the both sides, IMO.

Hope I've clearly made my point. Well, I'd like to see your proposals...

PS: To end.. I, personally I'm very commited to my work and - as far as I'm concerned - I'll keep (kindly) working on MrQuestionMan (ME).

Regards!

Reply #110

Oh, my. So much drama...

This thread should have been closed already. Or, at least, whe whole code branching overreaction from involved parts should have been split.

I mean... WTF? Do you guys believe Merkur used to get his panties twisted in knots whenever somebody released an eMule mod? Or that Mark Tailor posted an entry full of grief at his live journal when the japs released Gogo?

The whole behaviour around here is very childish. Part if it is understandable from a) Miriam not releasing his branch in the nicest way (he went great lenghts to fix that later) and b) Gambit not understanding what it meant to release his code under the LGPL. But the rest is just overreaction, drama, possessiveness and people trying to act as victims of fate.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284952"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I totally agree Roberto. There's been way too much drama - the whole situation has been much overexagerated.
I am of opinion that we - Gambit and I - should concentrate on what we know best  - coding and leave any form of dispute aside.
I, for one, am not interested in this type of polemic anymore.
I'll just put my efforts on coding and... that's all. 

Reply #112
I think all the squabbling is unnecessary, I reckon that Gambit and Miriam should discuss a common solution in private. Less of the politics, more progress in my opinion - as the goals of both versions of MQM are common with eachother.

If it does fall apart, then a fork would be duplicated (wasted) effort for both parties, but if that's the only way forward then so be it. I say leave them to come to an agreement and lets not speculate any further.

As always, efforts by both coders are greatly appreciated, but I don't think us speculating any further is going to help.

Politics is a real pain for *GPL software - so lets stay peaceful and let diplomacy commence.

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

Reply #113

i think you morally have to approach gambit ... no the other way arround ...

Reply #114

i think you morally have to approach gambit ... no the other way arround ...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285022"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Right - but just because he didn't approach gambit doesn't mean he "is <obviously> not interested in a cooperation".

Reply #116
Added unicode support, please test. I had to modify almost all source files, so I might have broken something.
http://www.burrrn.net/TehBukkake/MrQuestionMan07beta.rar
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285183"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, that's great. Maybe time for multi-language support in MrQuestionMan?

I think I've found a problem.
I selected several folders when this error came out:
"Cannot open file C:\Ace of Base - Happy Nation.mp3. The system cannot find the file specified."
The problem is that actually, the file is located in C:\~Muzica\Pop\.
Another case:
See screenshot located at: (You never saw this.)
Actually, what is shown in list is directory ATB.
Apparently, the problem appears during scanning a given folder and quickly (before completing the scan) selecting another folder.
IMHO, the problem is not related to Unicode stuff, but the scanning core.
Updated: seems like Mr QuestionMan 0.6 has the same problem, except that an Access Violation error is raised. From my tests, Mr QuestionMan ME behaves correctly.

Reply #117
I've checked an issue I had with Mr QuestionMan 0.6 & Mr QuestionMan 0.6 ME -- very deep folders with unicode chars which the above mentionated versions failed to scan.
Now it apparently works just as expected - meaning, good.
In the left (folders) panel, the unicode chars are now displayed correctly.

Cheers!

Reply #118
I found a bug:
if you open MrQM 0.7beta from a location where it can see a CD-drive in the tree to the left, it will report an error that it doesn't find any CD together with the usual three options (resume, abort, ignore).
this also happens in the very moment if on startup no drive is visible and you scroll down (in the tree again) to where it get visible.
the problem is that this happens automaticly and that you have to close the app in order to close the error window manually.

this also applies to AI 0.7alpha1 to some degree
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=32799
Nothing but a Heartache - Since I found my Baby ;)

Reply #119
I've noticed yesterday that a small issue with wavpack scanning core remains: files with self-extracting module are not recognized (no available information).
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Reply #120
Afaik, it's not an issue...  self extracting wavpack file format is not implemented in the wavpack ATL. Maybe Gambit or jtclipper can confirm that ??

Reply #122
Will Mr QuestionMan have WMA support in the future? The program is great as it is now but just for the sake of completeness I think this should be supported as well.
I know it's a shame I got WMA files but unfortunately you can't always avoid it... (only got 2 files though ;-) )

Also, sometimes you get to see "<not stored>" in the encoder info though it's not realy clear what isn't stored maybe the description should be altered to be more descriptive.

P.s. Does Mr QuestionMan have a dedicated forum (thread) somewhere or a prefered place to post (separated) suggestions and bug reposts? It can get quite messy if this only happens in the Mr QuestionMan HA release threads.

Reply #123
P.s. Does Mr QuestionMan have a dedicated forum (thread) somewhere or a prefered place to post (separated) suggestions and bug reposts? It can get quite messy if this only happens in the Mr QuestionMan HA release threads.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288415"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, there is no other (or better) place right now other than HA. I'm thinking about putting a forum or something like that on my new page, so it might be possible to post there in the future. But HA works just fine IMO too.

Will Mr QuestionMan have WMA support in the future? The program is great as it is now but just for the sake of completeness I think this should be supported as well.
I know it's a shame I got WMA files but unfortunately you can't always avoid it... (only got 2 files though ;-) )
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=288415"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, we were just talking about that. Should be fixed in the next version.