Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero ShowTime Mobile (Read 27073 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #25
I wonder why there was no hoopla about release of version 2.21 of GSPlayer: http://tinyurl.com/6oxul . Just by the KISS principle, that player rules!
On my Fujitsu/Siemens Pocket Loox 720 I get over seven hours playing time with Ogg 6.01 quality music -- and I mean LOUD; gotta be almost 10 db louder than any iPod. ( I use Audacity to compress and amplify most wavs before Oggdropping. )
But, current combined cost for a 2 Gb Sandisk and a 6 Gb Hitachi compact flash drive is nearly $500 US. (Worth it!)

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #26
Is there any way to get a download link? I registered my copy, but the link was dead... I can't retrieve the download link to try again because I can't re-register the same Serial Number.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #27
Garf,

When you look at the spectrum analyser display, does the time indicator run, or is it sitting at 0:00?

The indicator just sits at 0:00

You might try manually wiping the directory via File Explorer too. I've noticed that sometimes ActiveSync doesn't clean up entirely.

This is a guess, but is there perhaps anything running in the background that could interfere?

Settings->System->Memory->Running Programs

I'll try the manual wiping later today. The only background programs that are running are the switcher bar and the ActiveSync program.
Other than that I don't have anything else running.

P.S. I don't know if my Axim is defective, but I sometimes have to go into the settings to make my wirless internet work (because it can't find the Network card).
Could my Axim have a problem?
Should I try reinstalling the whole operating system and all my programs?

P.S.S. I have Showtime Mobile installed on my SD card. Maybe that's the problem.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #28
P.S. I don't know if my Axim is defective, but I sometimes have to go into the settings to make my wirless internet work (because it can't find the Network card).
Could my Axim have a problem?
Should I try reinstalling the whole operating system and all my programs?

I have no idea, sorry.

P.S.S. I have Showtime Mobile installed on my SD card. Maybe that's the problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282401"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't think so, I just tried this at it appears to work here.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #29
hi, willing to do some betatesting for symbian-version on siemens sx1 when its availible.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #30
Garf,

Sorry about the wirless thing -quick reset fixed it.

I Recoded a DVD to Nero Recode Mobile AVC. Showtime Mobile still did not respond. Again - I pressed a button that looked like a line with a triangle on top pressed a mp3 or mp4 -they turned green,  and pressed play. And nothing happened.

I am all out of ideas as to where the problem is.

I would really like to use Showtime Mobile to watch Mobile AVC MP4s.

I am using Showtime Mobile 1.0.0.2. If there is a newer version available please tell me how I can download it. I can't download it over the link in Nero since I'm alread registered.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #31
By the way Garf I thought you might need to know that after I press play in Showtime Mobile I get a screen that says New playlist  in a drop down list on top and a black box screen in the middle with nothing in it.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #32
When is the Symbian version going to be available?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #33
Yeah!

I got it to work. You guys really have to make a guide for this player. All I had to do was press the plus button to add the files to the playlist (This was very confusing to me -the whole playlist thing.

Anyhow now that I know how it works I am really happy. And would like to thank you guys for this app. It is really nice.
There are some things I would like add to the Showtime Mobile to first of all have the ability to have a louder volume. Although, I would really like Recode to make the volume louder in the first place.

Also, when I am playing a video file in my pda a don't want the screen to darken while it is playing my video file (a Windows Mobile thing I think -if you don't touch the screen for a while it darkens the screen to save power).
However, when playing an audio file I would like when the screen darkens that it pretty much is all dark so that it uses the least amount of battery power (I usually close the case my Axim is in when I listen to music -gives it more of a portable music player feel.).

I don't know if everyone would want these settings, but if you added an option to have such setting I would be very happy and grateful.

Thanks for all the help.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #34
By the way Garf,

What Setting to you recommend in Nero Recode -ASP or AVC; at what quality?

And what gives better results deblocking smooth or sharp?

Thanks again

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #35
When is the Symbian version going to be available?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"When it works correctly, which is hopefully soon".

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #36
Yeah!

I got it to work. You guys really have to make a guide for this player. All I had to do was press the plus button to add the files to the playlist (This was very confusing to me -the whole playlist thing.

Cool! I guess we may have to fiddle with the GUI a bit still. Or perhaps let it popup a mini-introduction on the first use, or whatever

There are some things I would like add to the Showtime Mobile to first of all have the ability to have a louder volume. Although, I would really like Recode to make the volume louder in the first place.

You can do this from the equalizer view. But the slider there isn't the the "system volume" slider. I think we will want to change that, too.

Also, when I am playing a video file in my pda a don't want the screen to darken while it is playing my video file (a Windows Mobile thing I think -if you don't touch the screen for a while it darkens the screen to save power).
However, when playing an audio file I would like when the screen darkens that it pretty much is all dark so that it uses the least amount of battery power (I usually close the case my Axim is in when I listen to music -gives it more of a portable music player feel.).

Known issues - will be addressed (if possible).

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #37
Garf,

I've been playing around with playing files with Showtime Mobile and was wondering if there will be avi support in Showtime Mobile also.

And I was wondering if I can play ASP encoded MP4s at any quality in Showtime Mobile, I can play very highly encoded DivX and Xvid avi files in Betaplayer and was wondering if the same would go with Showtime Mobile with MP4s.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #38
Alright,

I tested out Showtime and am happy and disappointed at the same time.
Compared to Betaplayer, Showtime Mobile is dropping alot more frames and not playing as effeciently as it could.

An ASP encoded MP4 file encoded in Nero Recode at 2-pass, extra quality, mv range of -1024 to 1023.5, high psycho-visual quality, H263 quantization, half pixel, spatial prediction, predicted VOP, unrestriced motion vectors, 4 motion vectors per macroblock, and bidirectional VOP; was playing great in Betaplayer (quality, frames, everything), but had major problems in Showtime mobile (freezing frames, cut off audio, slow, and pretty much unplayable).

Being in it's beta stages I guess it can be slightly overlooked in Showtime Mobile, but Betaplayer demonstrates that the quality can be achieved.

What can we expect ... Garf?

Will Showtime Mobile be able to compete with Betaplayer soon?

Did anyone else test Showtime Mobile?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #39
The main difference AFAIK is that Betaplayer has some device-specific optimizations (like support for hardware video acceleration) that aren't in ShowTime Mobile yet.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #40
Also, will the player be able to read Chinese(Traditional/Simplified) and Japanese characters? I'm going to have some music with those titles and I would them to be displayed.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #41
Also, will the player be able to read Chinese(Traditional/Simplified) and Japanese characters? I'm going to have some music with those titles and I would them to be displayed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283101"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, this is planned. (It's supported internally already, but no way to display them for now)

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #42
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283101"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, this is planned. (It's supported internally already, but no way to display them for now)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283103"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Wow, I can't wait until you release the symbian version with that capability! I know you said when it's done, but do you have any idea on the timeframe of this release?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #43
Garf,

It's been a while now. Do you have any news? Potential stable release date or update?

If you could also support higher coded AVC soon that would be much appreciated.

Will you Showtime Mobile support more audio/video formats?

Thanks.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #44
I am using showtime mobile on an Axim X3i.  The video is quite jerky, and the volume control needs a great deal of assistance.  Also, the screen seems to dim while playing back the video after about 30 seconds.

Why is there no simple way to critique this product via Nero itself?  You can't even find a simple page to check to see if there are any updates.

I am pleased to find a Nero employee on this board, but it took more work than it should have.

I'm hoping that Betaplayer (which works great) may someday have support for the Nero MP4 format.  This product has a volume control that works, an intuitive user interface, and is clearly using more efficient code.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #45
Why is there no simple way to critique this product via Nero itself? You can't even find a simple page to check to see if there are any updates.

It's a beta release and there are no updates for now. We got quite a lot of feedback about current issues with the player and are addressing them first.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #46
I've just downloaded ShowTime mobile and installed it on my Axim X5.

It seems to find a Media Home server running on a Win2K box and I can
navigate through the files this serves and add them to the play list.
But if I try to play any of them then a line appears in the
Currently Serving list of Media Home for a fraction of a second
and then dissappears. No video or sound appears.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Media Home can serve files to Show Time running on an XP box fine. Both
the XP box and the Axim X5 connect via the same Wifi network.

Many Thanks

BobH

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #47
I've just downloaded ShowTime mobile and installed it on my Axim X5.

It seems to find a Media Home server running on a Win2K box [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312681"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

How did you find a Media Server from your pocket PC, I have MediaHome running and can find it via Showtime on a PC, but I cannot find it from my Pocket PC.  How did you do it?

I did get mine to connect via Bluetooth, I can add and play audio, but I can't play any videos.

Can anyone else stream a video from the UPnP server?