Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero ShowTime Mobile (Read 27072 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Whoa! Check this out!

Nero ShowTime Mobile brings MPEG4 content to PDAs, but no PalmOS

Product information
Nero ShowTime Mobile Beta
- THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR MOBILE MULTIMEDIA -
EXPERIENCE NERO DIGITAL™ EVERYWHERE

Register your Nero 6 Ultra Edition Today and get Nero ShowTime Mobile for FREE!

With Nero ShowTime Mobile, you can experience the ultimate Nero Digital™ quality on the go! You now have the ability to take your movies and music with you directly on your Smartphone/PDA or play back content remotely from your home PC equipped with Nero MediaHome and UPnP™. To learn more about Nero Digital™, click here.

Supported hardware platforms:

* Major SmartPhone/PDA architecture with the Intel® XScale™ or ARM® series of processors

Supported software platforms:

* Microsoft® Windows CE™, PocketPC™, Windows Mobile™

Supported audio formats:

* Nero Digital™ Audio (MPEG-4 Audio), AAC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC v2, MP3, WAV

Supported video formats:

* Nero Digital™ (MPEG-4 Video, including AVC/H.264)

Supported file containers:

* .mp4, .m4a, .mp3, .aac, .wav

UPnP™

* Auto-discovery of UPnP™ devices on the network
    * Full Support for Nero MediaHome

To get an overview please check out the gallery.
General Features

* Enables playback of Nero Digital™ content on mobile/portable devices
    * Supports major mobile software platforms (Microsoft® Windows CE™ / Pocket PC™ / Windows Mobile™)
    * Supports major mobile hardware platforms (Intel® XScale™, ARM®)
    * Fully optimized software code for each hardware/software platform guaranteeing the best performance and long lasting battery power
    * Unique and intuitive Nero look and feel on all supported platforms
    * Support for a wide range of multimedia content (MP3, WAV)
    * Portrait and Landscape views for video playback, support for view rotation and full screen playback
    * Support for UPnP™ and remote file playback/streaming
    * Full support for Nero MediaHome including remote multimedia content exchange
    * Digital Equalizer with built-in presets (Jazz, Rock, Dance…)
    * Playlist editor
    * Support for multiple playlists

This version is a BETA version so not all indicated  platforms and formats are supported at this time. We are constantly developing and improving this version. As a registered user you will be informed about new and improved features automatically.

You must be a registed user of Nero to try this out.
Do you think we will se PalmOS support anytime soon?
Ivan, Menno, Garf? 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #1
Now I'm considering buying a PDA.

Does anyone have an opinion on PocketPC/Windows Mobile?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #2
Now I'm considering buying a PDA.

Does anyone have an opinion on PocketPC/Windows Mobile?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am so far happy with it. Audio quality of PocketPC devices is also excellent:

[a href="http://sjeng.org/audio/Dell_Axim_X50v.htm]http://sjeng.org/audio/Dell_Axim_X50v.htm[/url]

Battery life is, well, acceptable but not great. About 6 hours on the Dell.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #3
Do you think we will se PalmOS support anytime soon?

It is on the roadmap, but don't hold your breath. Quite frankly, PocketPC is totally eclipsing PalmOS in terms of multimedia support and device capabilities. Unless Palm makes a countermove, the prospects aren't very good.

Symbian support *will* be finished 'soon'.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #4
This is really great. I also bought a Dell Axim X50v and I think it is well worth the money.
I am really excited about this Nero Showtime Mobile. However, it doesn't work on my Axim X50v. I just contacted Nero on this so I'm hoping they can figure out why it's not working with my pda.
Showtime Mobile is still in its beta stages so by the time the stable release is out I expect it will work in the Dell Axim X50v.
Until then I hope they hurry up; I can't wait for the only feature not yet available in any other pocket pc app. - H.264 video support!
Finally!

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #5
Just go for palm if you plan on calendar/contatcs only. Other than that pocket pc has more aps , mora multimedia utilite , etc ...
Kind Regards , Tcmjr

Aka HellSnoopy

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #6
Symbian support *will* be finished 'soon'.

Great.. finally my P900 sony mobile phone will be able to play AAC HE.. the format was already being played by the model up from mine (which has near identical hardware) but sony never released that ability for the P900 ..

How soon is soon!?!? only joking.. appreciate it if you could add it to this post or otherwise announce it on HA so i wont miss it

Good luck with taking over this side of the portable market for audio/video

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #7
* Support for a wide range of multimedia content (MP3, WAV)

Easter egg not found yet?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #8
However, it doesn't work on my Axim X50v. I just contacted Nero on this so I'm hoping they can figure out why it's not working with my pda.
Showtime Mobile is still in its beta stages so by the time the stable release is out I expect it will work in the Dell Axim X50v.

Feel free to post more info in this thread, I can guarantee it's a faster way to reach the dev's than through Nero support :-P

I develop and test with an Axim X50v myself so there's really no reason why it shouldn't work on such a device.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #9
What about ReplayGain support for this app?

Is it being considered?

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #10
Garf,

I don't know why it doesn't work on my Dell Axim X50v. Maybe it's the installer. I tried installing it the first time and it said it wasn't a valid pocket pc app., but it still installed. So I tried reinstalling it, and there wasn't an error.
I don't really use showtime much on my computer (I like the look and feel of WMP 10 better) so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.
What I do is I press a button that displays a list of all the audio/video files on my pda and then I press play. After that, a new screen appears, on which it should show the progress of the MP3 or video file I'm playing. But it doesn't do a thing. The slider doesn't move, there isn't any sound (not even through the headphone jack), nothing happens.
Maybe there is a program interference. I have WMP mobile installed and Betaplayer. Both play everything they say they can play and both do it well.
I hope you guys can figure out the problem real soon (I'm dying for the video support).
If you need any more info just ask.

P.S. I have all the latest Dell Axim updates (and firmware) installed.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #11

Is it being considered?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282107"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's already included, but not enabled in the current version. (For one, no GUI yet to toggle it).

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #12

Is it being considered?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282107"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's already included, but not enabled in the current version. (For one, no GUI yet to toggle it).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282124"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

First devices supporting ReplayGain, am I right?
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #13
Garf,

I don't know why it doesn't work on my Dell Axim X50v. Maybe it's the installer. I tried installing it the first time and it said it wasn't a valid pocket pc app., but it still installed. So I tried reinstalling it, and there wasn't an error.

That's already very weird  I guess the error came from ActiveSync? What ActiveSync version?

I don't really use showtime much on my computer (I like the look and feel of WMP 10 better) so I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong.

ShowTime Mobile and ShowTime are totally different programs.

What I do is I press a button that displays a list of all the audio/video files on my pda and then I press play. After that, a new screen appears, on which it should show the progress of the MP3 or video file I'm playing. But it doesn't do a thing. The slider doesn't move, there isn't any sound (not even through the headphone jack), nothing happens.

Happens with all files? (MP3, MP4, MP4 video?)

AVI is not yet supported btw. And I don't think AAC works correctly in this version, either.

Maybe there is a program interference. I have WMP mobile installed and Betaplayer.

WMP shouldn't be a problem (I have it too). I'll install Betaplayer on my Axim and see if it breaks anything.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #14
[/QUOTE]That's already very weird  I guess the error came from ActiveSync? What ActiveSync version?

I'm using ActiveSync 3.8

Happens with all files? (MP3, MP4, MP4 video?)

AVI is not yet supported btw. And I don't think AAC works correctly in this version, either.

Yea, it happens with all the files I've tried which are mainly 320kbs MP3s and MP4 videos encoded with avc maximum quality using Recode.

Thanks for the quick reply. I still am not getting any replys to many of the problems I get using Nero. Should I just come here and post in the forums instead?

P.S. Do you think  you guys could make all the buttons more descriptive. I like the file menu in the windows media player mobile better because I know what I'm doing, but in Showtime Mobile I don't know what buttons do what.
Thanks again for you help.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #15
Yea, it happens with all the files I've tried which are mainly 320kbs MP3s and MP4 videos encoded with avc maximum quality using Recode.

A PocketPC can't decode a maximum quality AVC, there's just not enough processing power. The Mobile profiles in Recode should work, and for normal MPEG4 also the portable profiles. As the player gets more optimized higher resolutions may be possible.

MP3 should work, though, regardless of the bitrate :-/

Can you try some other files? Perhaps the MP3 has tagging or something else that breaks the decoder, that would be good to know.

Thanks for the quick reply. I still am not getting any replys to many of the problems I get using Nero. Should I just come here and post in the forums instead?

For ShowTime Mobile that should work, for normal Nero problems just use Nero support.

P.S. Do you think  you guys could make all the buttons more descriptive. I like the file menu in the windows media player mobile better because I know what I'm doing, but in Showtime Mobile I don't know what buttons do what.
Thanks again for you help.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282162"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We'll think about this.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #16
I usually encode my mp3's using audacity with a id verision 3 tag?
I'll try encoding some different files and test them out after I get back from my classes (4:00 Central Time).

To bad the maximum def. files won't play. Couldn't showtime play these files by dropping frames or something (I encode everything to maximum def. so that I can view the files on my laptop and still be very satisfied by the result. I don't want to spend even more time encoding than I already am, plus it seems like a waste of space -good quality and pda quality files right next to each other).

Thanks again.

P.S. Do you think that in the future showtime mobile will be able to play files in the internet, like trailers? I can't even do this with wmp mobile yet so I just want to know if it's even possible.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #17
A little off topic, but can someone recommend a good PocketPC with good processing power, and battery life?

Oh, and I read something about "gapless playback". Is this real, tag-based gapless?

It is very good to have somebody like Garf to be working on this.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #18
To bad the maximum def. files won't play. Couldn't showtime play these files by dropping frames or something (I encode everything to maximum def. so that I can view the files on my laptop and still be very satisfied by the result. I don't want to spend even more time encoding than I already am, plus it seems like a waste of space -good quality and pda quality files right next to each other).

Thanks again.

It already does that...to some extent. A PocketPC just won't cope with such high res AVC, sorry. It's already problematic for some older PC's, let alone for a mobile device.

You can get excellent quality encodes in 150/200M, for movies that otherwhise take 700/1120M, so it's not really a big waste of space. Smaller res encodes much faster, too.

P.S. Do you think that in the future showtime mobile will be able to play files in the internet, like trailers? I can't even do this with wmp mobile yet so I just want to know if it's even possible.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282180"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

"Outlook is good."

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #19
Is this real, tag-based gapless?

Yes.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #20
Hi Garf,

I tested a bunch of files (MP3, WMA) and none of them work. When I wear headphones I hear a static when I open the program and then when I click inside it -nothing.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling to no avail.

"Outlook is good."

Is that supposed to mean its probably going to work soon?

A little off topic, but can someone recommend a good PocketPC with good processing power, and battery life?

I would really recommend the Dell Axim X50v. It has more power than any other pocket pc out there and the support for its newer faster processor is quickly growing - one example is betaplayer. The 3d game pack that comes with it (usually for free) is also really good -Snails is especially addicting.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #21
Can the Dell Axim X50v be a USB Host or only a client?  I couldn't seem to find anything on this, but wondered if anyone with one could respond.

If not then what are you using for large external storage space or is it not possible with this model?

I have seen a few PocketPC's that do have USB Host capabilities, so it isn't something that's not possible.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #22
Can the Dell Axim X50v be a USB Host or only a client?

I don't exactly know what you mean, but I use a 1GB SD card -I ordered it with my Axim at Dell. As far as I know it only has an SD and compact flash slot. You can access both cards through a usb cable connection to your computer (Windows - I don't know if linux or mac are able to do this, but they probably can).

P.S. If you decide to buy it I would recommend doing it through the Dell website -there are more options this way.

P.S.S. I would really advise buying an SD or Compact flash card, or when you install programs onto the device's memory it will not be able to have enough memory for running applications and games.

Hope I helped.

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #23
Thanks for response.

I just found out something.  Looks like you can easily add USB capabilites with some kind of CF type adapter.  I don't know why when I was doing a bunch of checking before I didn't come across this.  On some site there was a guy who made some kind of homebrew adapter that would allow it, but he stopped doing development on the software you needed to use with it(unknown if compatible with newest verion of Windows for PocketPC).

By the way, what I meant by 'host', interfacing with external USB devices(not including attatched to home PC, the PocketPC would be a client like that).

Nero ShowTime Mobile

Reply #24
Hi Garf,

I tested a bunch of files (MP3, WMA) and none of them work. When I wear headphones I hear a static when I open the program and then when I click inside it -nothing.

WMA is not supported.

When you look at the spectrum analyser display, does the time indicator run, or is it sitting at 0:00?

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling to no avail.

You might try manually wiping the directory via File Explorer too. I've noticed that sometimes ActiveSync doesn't clean up entirely.

This is a guess, but is there perhaps anything running in the background that could interfere?

Settings->System->Memory->Running Programs

I can't really think of anything else right now. I have the same device myself and it works perfectly, so I don't really understand why it breaks there.

Is that supposed to mean its probably going to work soon?

"I never said that"

But the goal is to have a complete mobile player solution. And given that you can internet via this device...

The 3d game pack that comes with it (usually for free) is also really good -Snails is especially addicting.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=282265"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I got more crappy games  But there's always PocketNester.