Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lame Acm - No Bitrates In Mode Desc. (Read 2404 times) previous topic - next topic

Lame Acm - No Bitrates In Mode Desc.

Dear members,

I wonder how many people try to use the LAME ACM codec; although it is limited to CBR, it is nevertheless a legal alternative to the Radium FhG codec, and at least comparable in quality... But since I ever found an early version, until today in Mitiok's builds, there is still one problem:

Regardless of the used bitrate, each mode of the LAME ACM uses the same description text. So I cannot decide which of the one dozen of settings called "MPEG Layer-3 44.100 Hz; Stereo" uses 128 kbps, which one uses 160 kbps, which one uses 192 kbps...

This one is so annoying, I can't believe that noone ever took it as reason for a change. But I can't do that, so I hope you know where I shall ask for a fix.