Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 And Logitech's Itouch (Read 2637 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 And Logitech's Itouch

i use foobar2000 for 2 monts now and i like it, but my play, stop (and some more) keys on my logitech keyboard (itouch software) dont work with foobar2000. is their a plugin or something, that this keys works with foobar??

mfg arona.at

ps: when i the foobar window is the aktive window, the keys works, but when it is in the background or the system tray they dont worke anymore ...

Reply #1
I don't have a multimedia keyboard that works with fb2k properly so know little about its multimedia keyboard functionality, but if I am not mistaken, the multimedia keys work like any other keys in fb2k. That is, if they are not bound globally, they will only work while within the application. You need to rebind these keys to be global in Preferences->Keyboard shortcuts. You're going to have to remove all multimedia keys (the keys which include (MM) in their name), noting the function associated with each one (Playback/Pause, etc.). Then, select the Key field, press a multimedia key, select the appropriate function (i.e. Playback/Pause), check the Global checkbox and select Add. That should do the trick.

Jamie

Reply #2
i have this keyboard.

jteh is right.

just set them as you would normal hot keys, and make them global.  For best compatibility, do not install the logitech software.  (although that takes away my dandy control-the-volume-with-the-all-too-useless-mousewheel-on-my-keyboard setting  )

Reply #3
i have installed the itouch software and when i kill the prozess it dont work. i think, thats because the drivers are installed and i cant deinstall the software .... (deinstall the keyboard in the hardware options dont help) ....

when no one know how to deinstall them, i must wait for the next time i make my system new (3 weeks) ...

Reply #4
I don't even have iTouch installed and it works if you follow jteh's method.  I'm currently using Girder to control both foobar2000 and Media Center.  Girder is an extremely powerful program (although somewhat cumbersome) for setting up wireless remotes (and a variety of other devices) to control your computer.  A free alternative is the Human Interface Programmer (HIP for short).

Reply #5
so i must wait, when i make my system new ...

or someone know how to deinstall the software and drivers ... (software > deinstall dont work)