Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I Could Use Some Albumlist Help Here! (Read 2276 times) previous topic - next topic

I Could Use Some Albumlist Help Here!

Aaargh! I feel stupid!  Here's what's going on; I see terrific screenshots allover this forum (and others) of people using the album list addon...
Now I want that too, looks REALLY nice!!
BUT... when I add the Album List panel, it's empty... How do I add albums to the list?
How does the database work? I can't seem to get it right, I searched all night for a solution... my last attempt will be this post here I guess...   

please help if you know an answer!  (by reply or mail)
thanks,

you rock in advance ! 
live fast, die slow..

Reply #1
1. Enable the database in foobar settings
2. If you have one specific folder and only want its songs to show up add the location in "restrict directories to" field and press scan.
3. Restart foobar
Should be working now

Reply #2
hey thanks
i did that though, but atleast you made me realise i was close to the solution!  i think it had to do with two things;

1. it only works with playlist files
2. the 'restrict directories to' option does not allow subdirectories...

/rambling on

i never used those playlist files.. no tags either, but i've added those since foobar2000 made that easy and i noticed people actually prefer tagged mp3s. i still dont understand why tags make people happy, but ok.  all my music is stored like:

%artist% - %album% (%date%)\%tracknumber% - %tracktitle%

looks like:

D:\My Music\Joy Division - Substance (1988)\10 - Love Will Tear Us Apart.mp3

..and thats about all the information i need, stored right in the file name to avoid any confusion with incorrect id3 info... 

..though i must admit id3 info shows nicer on portable players  (like iRiver) 

/rambling off

anyway, is there a way to create playlists for all albums at once ?
hmm i haven't looked myself yet so i will do that now..

thanks again for looking into it aliumalik !!
live fast, die slow..

Reply #3
2. the 'restrict directories to' option does not allow subdirectories...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274987"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It does 
anyway, is there a way to create playlists for all albums at once ?
hmm i haven't looked myself yet so i will do that now..[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=274987"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check the albumlist's options to see if you have enabled root nodes. Then clicking "All Music" Will show all the albums in one single playlist