Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar Locking Folders (Read 2761 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar Locking Folders

Hi,

I've only recently discovered Foobar and it looks like just what I've been looking for to help me move off Winamp. However, I have a small problem that I cannot seem to find the answer for.

First, a bit of context - I use WinXP and usually listen to whole albums at a time, each in their own folder. Once I've auditioned an album I retag (if necessary) and then move the album folder to a staging location ready for archiving.

Here's the problem - once I have finished listening to an album (with foobar still open) I can make changes to the files (rename, retag, move, delete etc.) but I cannot rename, move or delete the folder that the files are in - Windows complains that foobar is still using the folder. I have tried removing the files from foobar history but this makes no difference. The only way I can make changes to the folder is to shut down foobar.

Has anyone else seen this and knows if there is something I have turned on in the preferences that would exhibit this behaviour?

Ta

djb

Foobar Locking Folders

Reply #1
Are you using albumart?
I have the same problem...
It's only me, or using this plugin (v0.045) is impossible to move/delete/rename the album folder if you don't exit from foobar?
I tried going to another album, removing the playlist from foobar, removing the album art panel ... nothing.
I don't think this is a needed feauture... or is due to some M$ Windows limitation?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273145"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Foobar Locking Folders

Reply #2
Yeah, it's really annoying (a pain in the ass to be honest). I also suspect the albumart plugin, but haven't cared to do any testing to verify it.

Foobar Locking Folders

Reply #3
After further testing I think you're right and this seems to be connected to the Album Art plugin. I don't use Album Art that much so I've switched it off in favour of the Spectrum Analyzer and this has resolved the folder locking issue.

Thanks for the head's up

djb

Are you using albumart?
I have the same problem...