Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Not Seeing Id3 Tags Seen In Winamp, Explorer (Read 2908 times) previous topic - next topic

Not Seeing Id3 Tags Seen In Winamp, Explorer

Hi... I'm a new user of foobar and I was just curious what could cause some ID3 tags, in MP3 files, are not showing that are normally showing up in winamp and windows explorer (in winXP machines).

I have the foo_id3v2.dll already.

Thanks!

Reply #1
You may have ape-tags in the files. If you're using an app like mp3gain, then do a forum search on keywords like "tags mp3gain"

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
Thanks for the quick reply.

I've went and read most of the topics in the search you suggested "tags mp3gain" and I've seen the most common response is that the files probably have a APEv2 tag that exists.

The solution to this problem suggests that I should remove the APEv2 tag (that is generated by Replaygain?).

How do I go about doing that? I downloaded these files as they are now - I've never used mp3gain before.

Tahnks again!

Reply #3
It works now, thanks

What I did was I went and downloaded mp3gain and loaded the MP3s in, went "Remove MP3Gain tags" and when I reloaded them in foobar, the ID3 tags showed up!