Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 364138 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #225
Why however I don't know, its just another form of albummode really, and would kinda defeat the point of having a singlemode.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299116"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is my impression as well. Singlemode is for singles. Albummode is for albums. Since albummode allowing only albums is a bit restricting, singles in albummode are possible - the hybridmode. Introducing one more layer sounds like overkill to me and may make the whole thing difficult to understand for the average user.

I mean - the fact alone that there are modes is already a "flaw"... optimally, the user should not need to switch between modes and the player should automatically display the tracks the best way. Since thats currently not possible with fb2k, we've begun to introduce singlemode and albummode. But this really is a "hack" - having modes is not something desirable from an objective POV - adding more modes therefore as well is something which is best avoided.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #226
Why however I don't know, its just another form of albummode really, and would kinda defeat the point of having a singlemode.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299116"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is my impression as well. Singlemode is for singles. Albummode is for albums. Since albummode allowing only albums is a bit restricting, singles in albummode are possible - the hybridmode. Introducing one more layer sounds like overkill to me and may make the whole thing difficult to understand for the average user.

I mean - the fact alone that there are modes is already a "flaw"... optimally, the user should not need to switch between modes and the player should automatically display the tracks the best way. Since thats currently not possible with fb2k, we've begun to introduce singlemode and albummode. But this really is a "hack" - having modes is not something desirable from an objective POV - adding more modes therefore as well is something which is best avoided.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299133"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

well maybe youre right and its not a that good idea  but some indicator for the first track of the album in singlemode would still be cool

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #227
Navigator is broken using foobar2000 0.9 Beta 3 and Columns UI 0.13 Pre-Alpha 10.  Just thought you might want to know.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #228
Navigator is broken using foobar2000 0.9 Beta 3 and Columns UI 0.13 Pre-Alpha 10.  Just thought you might want to know.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It will stay that way for a while. fb2k 0.9 as well as the ui_columns alpha introduce significant changes. Additionally, i won't start doing any porting until it becomes more clear what musicmusic is gonna do with the new $set_style feature.

So, things are a bit too shaky for my taste to start porting. I'll wait a bit until the dust has settled.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #229
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299612"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It will stay that way for a while. fb2k 0.9 as well as the ui_columns alpha introduce significant changes. Additionally, i won't start doing any porting until it becomes more clear what musicmusic is gonna do with the new $set_style feature.

So, things are a bit too shaky for my taste to start porting. I'll wait a bit until the dust has settled.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I managed to get a working version of navigator going in 0.9 b3 by removing all the $if(%_globalvar% checks and replacing them with $if(%tagfield% (ie. $if(%_album% did not want to work, whereas $if(%album% would) in the columns.
I think the global vars aren't being left empty if no tag is present in the globals or something like that. And theres also the tag remappings probably screwing it up somewhat.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #230
lyx, the only problem i can see with the new 0.1.3 alpha is that foobar 0.9 always defines album artist. that makes formatting default to va mode all the time ...

should be easy to fix

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #231
I'll do an interim update when the next fb2k beta gets released, because currently i've got some playback-problems with the beta3. The field-remapping stuff unfortunatelly is a bit more complicated than that, mazy. For tagged tracks, you're right - but tagguessing is completely confused by the mappings. So, the tag-guess parts all need to replace the %tag% versions with their meta() counterparts.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #232
I'll do an interim update when the next fb2k beta gets released, because currently i've got some playback-problems with the beta3. The field-remapping stuff unfortunatelly is a bit more complicated than that, mazy. For tagged tracks, you're right - but tagguessing is completely confused by the mappings. So, the tag-guess parts all need to replace the %tag% versions with their meta() counterparts.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301151"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't know if it interests you, but with a little software called arachnophilia (free), there is a replace option, it may automate some changes instead of doing it with your hands. if you want more info, send me a PM or contact me by msn (see my personal page for my adress)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #233
Thanks for the hint. My editor (Notepad++, based on Scintilla) does have quite good search and replace options. But that won't save me from testing the widespread changes.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #234
I love this column configuration!!  I thought I would share a pic of my FB2K.  It is set up to go with the GT3 Windowblinds, by Tiggz.  It is set up for a 1600 x 1200 resolution.

My FB2K

Edit:  Changed image...noticed some missing text in Toaster.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #235
What is navigator suite ? is it another customized column ui style ?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #236
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301299"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #237
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301299"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Originally, it was meant to be much more (OSD-string, trackinfo, etc. etc.). But as so often, things went a little bit different, so now its an ui_columns style with some extras like copy-string.

Main reason why things went differently was because ui_columns lacked mechanisms to change color-schemes and settings at one central place, and then this stuff being applied to all panels.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #238
I'll do an interim update when the next fb2k beta gets released...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301151"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Cancelled. 0.9beta and especially UI-columns alpha is too unstable for my taste currently.

The good news is that from the work i've done so far, scrolling is now very smooth - although i dont know why.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #239
Oh how I long for smooth scrolling

Can't wait for Navigator for 0.9 and the SDK to come out.  Then things will get really exciting.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #240
Cancelled. 0.9beta and especially UI-columns alpha is too unstable for my taste currently.

Both of them have yet to crash on my computer.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #241

Both of them have yet to crash on my computer. :rolleyes:
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unstable not in terms of "not crashing", but in terms of features. %tracknumber% and $meta(tracknumber) behave quite strangely here when combined with $num(). And speaking about $num() the same applies to ui columns alpha when sorting - some quite simple strings (without color-codes) look absolutely correct for display, but sort incorrectly. I could go on an name numerous other minor glitches. Porting the beast called Navigator is already quite a task, but while doing so, i dont want to hunt ghosts in my code.

- Lyx

edit: $meta(tracknumber) behaves correctly when combined with $num. The fault was on my site(i defined tracknr in two places, but only corrected it in one of the two)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #242

Both of them have yet to crash on my computer.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301683"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unstable not in terms of "not crashing", but in terms of features. %tracknumber% and $meta(tracknumber) behave quite strangely here when combined with $num(). And speaking about $num() the same applies to ui columns alpha when sorting - some quite simple strings (without color-codes) look absolutely correct for display, but sort incorrectly. I could go on an name numerous other minor glitches. Porting the beast called Navigator is already quite a task, but while doing so, i dont want to hunt ghosts in my code.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301711"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, understood then. My mind just associates unstable with crashing, but I see your point. Anyway, ui columns works fine with my formatting and I'm happy with it  Hopefully you get yours working asap (read: hopefully we get more releases of 0.9 and 0.1.3 soon)!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #243
WIP 1.4.0alpha:
This version only works with the current fb2k 0.9beta and the current UI column alpha. Singlemode default version only for now.

If worked around most annoyances, except one thing: Sorting by plays/day is messed up. I have no clue why. There is a "test"-column included, which is disabled by default. It plain simply outputs the plays/day rate multiplied by 100 and padded to 4 digits. There are no color-codes or any formatting in it. Just the 4 digits. Yet, it displays correctly but doesn't sort correctly. It would be nice if someone can verify if this is a bug in the current ui columns alpha, or a bug in my code.

Other changes:
- various fixes and changes to playback stats
- "should" work without legacy support in the current ui columns alpha.
- various minor speed optimizations
- makes use of the new field mappings where reasonable(for example for tag-guess purposes). So, i did not just replace every field with its $meta counterpart.

Please only report bugs when you're sure that they are not related to ui_columns or fb2k 0.9beta.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #244
kockroach: what is that huge visualazation panel in the upper middle of your screenshot ?

Lyx: is the $transition still messed up for non-english text in 0.9beta ?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #245
kockroach: what is that huge visualazation panel in the upper middle of your screenshot ?

It is the Simple Stereo plugin.  I have an empty Tab Panel behind it.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #246
Where might i find it ?

By your answer im understanding its more like a window (G-Force, etc) and not a panel, though ?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #247
Where might i find it ?

By your answer im understanding its more like a window (G-Force, etc) and not a panel, though ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301860"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It's called foo_vis_stereo.  Yeah, it's a window, not a panel.  I just keep a blank panel open, without header, and place the window in that spot.  It disappears when you aren't playing a file, and will always open in the same spot.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #248
Lyx: is the $transition still messed up for non-english text in 0.9beta ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=301857"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont know. I'm not using $transition for text anymore because its slow.

Does the RTL-problem with brackets which you described earlier still happen?

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #249
havent been able to test 0.9beta, actully. no plugin aside from the ones in the official package run, claiming something is wrong with the utf8 dll.