Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Navigator-Suite Feedback (Read 364150 times) previous topic - next topic

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #200
The foo_pod plugin for foobar2000 will do this.  The iPod will not make any use of the album artist tag however.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #201
Well, i can tag the files with Foobar but i can't find a way to save the updated files on the Ipod. A hint on that would be dope!

Edit (workaround)
Foo_pod sorting string '$if(%COMPOSER%,%COMPOSER%,%ARTIST%)- %ALBUM% - $num(%TRACKNUMBER%,2)' does a good job with %COMPOSER% fields set to VA.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #202
http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:columns_ui

Could you put this link on the first post, might save time if there is anyone else who doesnt know shit about foobar (like me).

I just spent nice 20 mins figuring out what the heck these FCS files are and how to use them.
... and i read the "how-to & bonus-stuff.htm" included in the package.

Thanks!

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #203
Navigator suite really fits my use for every type of album / single format i use, but there is still one little feature i'd like to see.
i've got several albums encoded with a cue and a single lossy track (doesn't support embedded cuesheet and reencoding to separate tracks would be bad), and when i'm using the database, the "source" file is generally displayed which is quite annoying when you mainly use "shuffle". i was wondering if there was a way, for example using a tag like %cue_source%, to prevent these tracks from appearing in the playlist. i'm not sure if this feature would be usefull to other people but i sure would appreciate it. of course, don't even consider it if it bloats the code as i know you want navigator suite fast and free of "custom" tags.
thanks

edit: typo

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #204
With mitchmalibu and acedriver's advice, I went ahead and tried out the navigator suite.
I must say, Well done ! It works amazingly well for hybrid playlists (which is what i usualy use), including albums, single tracks and various artist albums all in one list. Also, works quite well with hebrew (unicode) tracks aswell, to my relief (more of a font selection problem, i guess).

Supereb work lyx !

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #205
when i'm using the database, the "source" file is generally displayed which is quite annoying when you mainly use "shuffle".
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297455"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm not sure if i correctly understand what you're trying to explain. If you mean foobar's habbit of "double-adding" CUE-tracks (the individual tracks + the source) when adding tracks to the playlist, then i'm sorry, its out of my hands, because this behaviour is as far as i know not caused by the formatting, not even the GUI, but fb2k itself. I'm not sure if its done in the fb2k-core, or the input-plugins. If its the latter, then plugin-authors maybe could do something about it. But since you say that it only happens when adding files via the DB, i someway doubt that its a plugin-issue.

Also, works quite well with hebrew (unicode) tracks aswell, to my relief (more of a font selection problem, i guess).

Supereb work lyx !

Thanks, thats interesting to hear, because i had some back-and-forth feedback with people who use hebrew and asian charsets and tried to keep them in mind when adding stuff. Nope, its not only a font-issue(but mostly). There are some pitfalls in terms of unicode-support when designing playlists. For example, the status about 6 months ago was that color-fades in texts will break unicode. I dunno if this has ever been fixed in fb2k, since from there on, i didn't use them anymore. Nice to hear that it did work out :)

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #206
Nope, its still broken - the $transition function in foobar is to blame. it breaks the right-to-left\left-to-right codes, making hebrew chars outputted in reverse.

By the way, is there a way to handle unicode in foobar ? cause for example, hebrew stuff look mostly ok in foobar itself, but certain titles are problemtic, like ones that have ( or ) in the end. it comes out looking like:

( <insert hebrew string here> (<date, or live, or any other song info like that

instead of

<insert hebrew string here> (<date, or live, or any other song info like that)

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #207
i guess i'll post a screenshot in order to be clear

this happens when i drop a folder containing the cue and the mp3/mpc, or by choosing "all music" in the database for example. i know that this behaviour is normal (after all i add the cue and the music file in the playlist) but i was wondering if there was a way to prevent it from appearing in the playlist. sorry for posting here if that matter can't be solved using a simple tag check.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #208
Optional hotness support wouldbe really cool

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #209
@chaosblade:
I'll think about your problem later, because i dont yet know an instant answer to whats going on as well.

i guess i'll post a screenshot in order to be clear

this happens when i drop a folder containing the cue and the mp3/mpc, or by choosing "all music" in the database for example. i know that this behaviour is normal (after all i add the cue and the music file in the playlist) but i was wondering if there was a way to prevent it from appearing in the playlist. sorry for posting here if that matter can't be solved using a simple tag check.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297896"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, theoretically your idea of fixing it via a tag could work. You could give the unwanted files a tag to mark them.... and then use the string for "sorting incoming files" to check if the tag is there. However, that will not stop the "dupe-track" from appearing in the playlist - it will only move it to the start or end of the playlist. You cannot stop files from being added to the playlist with a tag, because the filter for incoming files does work with fileextensions, but not with tags.

Optional hotness support wouldbe really cool

I cannot do that without sorting becoming painfully slow. The reason is the following: those formattings which implemented hotness have a small global-string. I however do have a large(slow) global string. System-date and -time info is only available to the global string, but not to the sorting-code(unless you use the global-string for sorting, but that as mentioned would be too slow).

So, to implement hotness or similiar stuff, i need one of the following:
- ui columns alowing me to have systemdate and -time available in sorting
- non-trackspecific global strings to make my global-string fast enough that i can use it for sorting

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #210
it would have surprised me if that was possible, since when a file goes through the extension check, it'll appear no matter what.
thanks for the answer and navigator suite

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #211
I dont know what i was thinking yesterday, but stuff like hotness IS possible - its just that sorting by it may not be possible(however, maybe i know a workaround - i need to check that).

Anyways, i will probably not implement hotness but instead something similiar: adding plays/day. Then, when i later will be able to also use it for sorting, i can take other stuff into account as well.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #212
update - changelog as usual is in the first post of this thread. Backup your modifications before upgrading.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #213
minor update because of a small but annoying glitch in the "daily plays"-column - unless you use the new playcount-plugin, there is no need to update.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #214
To Lyx

I independently from you change Navigator 1.2.2 in next way:

In global section I add code

Code: [Select]
$if(%first_played%,
// calculate firstplayed-days since millenium
$puts(firstplayed_d-2000,$add(
$mul($substr(%first_played%,3,4),365),
$select($substr(%first_played%,6,7),0,31,59,90,120,151,181,212,243,273,304,334),
$substr(%first_played%,9,10)))
// calculate days since first play
$puts(days_since_add,$max(0,$sub($get(system_d-2000),$get(firstplayed_d-2000))))
)

$puts(days_interval,$sub($get(days_since_add),$get(days_since_play)))

days_interval=$get(days_interval)
days_since_add=$get(days_since_add)

Then I add columns hotness - play_counter*(days_interval/days_sice_play).

Hotness always <= play_counter and indicate average play_count of time of last playing.

I attach modified fcs.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #215
Sorry attached fcs there

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #216
Sorry I don attach the file, then I place code of hotness column

$if(%first_played%,

$ifgreater(%_days_since_add%,%_days_since_play%,

$div($mul(%_days_interval%,%play_counter%),%_days_since_add%)','
$pad($div($mul($mod($mul(%_days_interval%,%play_counter%),%_days_since_add%),100),%_days_since_add%),2,0),

%play_counter%.00),

0.00)

and sort string
$if(%first_played%,

$ifgreater(%_days_since_add%,%_days_since_play%,

[$num($div($mul(%_days_interval%,%play_counter%),%_days_since_add%),3)$num($mod($mul(%_days_interval%,%play_counter%),%_days_since_add%),3)],
$num(%play_counter%,3)'000'),

'000000')

For right sorting you must check box "Use global variables when sorting" in global section of preference column ui.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #217
Thanks for the updates Lyx.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #218
1.3.0 - full support for the new playcount-plugin
- dropped configurability of the seperator-char, since almost nobody used it anyways

awww bugger I kinda liked using different seperator's for diff colour modes... Perhaps a single option in the main config section to choose your seperator char?

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #219
1.3.0 - full support for the new playcount-plugin
- dropped configurability of the seperator-char, since almost nobody used it anyways

awww bugger I kinda liked using different seperator's for diff colour modes... Perhaps a single option in the main config section to choose your seperator char?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298608"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, you could change them at those parts in the code where they're hardcoded... that would be the "album", "artist - album" and "title - length" columns.

The option will probably come back someday in the future together with some other highly wanted color-scheme options, when ui_columns gets non-trackspecific global strings. Among others, i would then create two sets of "standard-color" - one for background-color1 and another one for background color2. So that there would be two groups like this:

background_color1
standard_color1
light/dark_scheme1

background_color2
standard_color2
light/dark_scheme2

This alone will multiply the possibilities for designing color-schemes and make those kind of color-schemes possible which are currently not possible (schemes which are light AND dark simultaneusly). So, once the bottleneck in the global string is solved by ui_columns, i will be able to do resource-hungry stuff in those areas which only need to be executed once, instead of for every single track(like color-scheme calculations and customizability).

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #220
Well, you could change them at those parts in the code where they're hardcoded... that would be the "album", "artist - album" and "title - length" columns.

The option will probably come back someday in the future together with some other highly wanted color-scheme options, when ui_columns gets non-trackspecific global strings. Among others, i would then create two sets of "standard-color" - one for background-color1 and another one for background color2. So that there would be two groups like this:

background_color1
standard_color1
light/dark_scheme1

background_color2
standard_color2
light/dark_scheme2

This alone will multiply the possibilities for designing color-schemes and make those kind of color-schemes possible which are currently not possible (schemes which are light AND dark simultaneusly). So, once the bottleneck in the global string is solved by ui_columns, i will be able to do resource-hungry stuff in those areas which only need to be executed once, instead of for every single track(like color-scheme calculations and customizability).

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hehe yep already hardcoded an option in there
And I'm looking forward to the changes to colour schemes configuration, would open up many more options for colour combo's.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #221
And I'm looking forward to the changes to colour schemes configuration...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=298615"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

...but dont hold your breath for it - musicmusic is known to take his time :)

- Lyx

edit: found a way to cheat a bit and "kinda" implement sorting by plays/day. Will be included in next version. Add to this a timespan for the "age" of files under which they're "hidden"(so, excluded from plays/day calculations) and then the ingredients are complete to create my version of "hotness"(i plan to not indicate hotness but instead "favorites"). I'm also thinking about changing the first_played-column into showing the "age" of tracks, instead of dates.

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #222
request: "Hybrid Mode" or something, like singletrack mode, just with every artist after the first "greyed out" (same color as bracket text for example) wouldbe cool

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #223
Either you didn't read the FCS-description and the HOWTO, or i dont understand what you're trying to say.

- Lyx

Navigator-Suite Feedback

Reply #224
Either you didn't read the FCS-description and the HOWTO, or i dont understand what you're trying to say.

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299111"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think he means that in the current singlemode, use the normal text colour only for the artist in track 1 of an album, then grey out the other tracks of the album using _standard_color_low...
Why however I don't know, its just another form of albummode really, and would kinda defeat the point of having a singlemode.