Skip to main content
Topic: masstagger requests (Read 6382 times) previous topic - next topic

masstagger requests

Hello, (it's my first post on this great forum...)

I use foobar every day and i love it, now, I can't live without my foobar!!

So, i think i've found some cases where foobar can't do what i whant.

I explain the cases:

- when i use masstagger for renaming files/directories, the "same as source file directory" option is very interresting, but an other option near of this one where to have the possibility of keep "same parent directory" (like that, it well be possible to rename the current directory).

- when i use foobar to move files or to rename directories, and when i have others files in the same directory (like covers), i have to move my covers manually, so a good other option where to "move files [*.jpg;*.gif...] with my music" choosing the list of filetypes i want to "move with". The function can be very simple, when a file is moved, if some others files are matching to the filetypes to move with, you move them in the same destination folder. Like that, my cover will be moved with the first music file moved.

- my last request is about the masstagger "edit tags" windows, it's verry powerfull and i have not functionnal requests, but, a very cool think will be to have the possibility to access the scripts (functional scripts like "auto track number" or personal scripts sequences saved to files) in the context menu like the "Quick Tag" pluggin.

No more requests for the moment...
These thinks where pretty cool for me... and for other people too, i think, so if there are not too hard to add, i hope it's possible to add them.

Thank you a lot for all the work alerady done...

masstagger requests

Reply #1

masstagger requests

Reply #2
No one interested by this kind of features?

I think they will be very interesting and no too hard to code... no?

masstagger requests

Reply #3
The question is not if someone is interested in those features, but if someone is willing to code it. And thats something which is not easy to find here, even for simple changes.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

masstagger requests

Reply #4
Ok, thank you for the reply, so, what i have to do to find someone who will code that?

(so i think i have just to wait and hope...)

masstagger requests

Reply #5
- when i use foobar to move files or to rename directories, and when i have others files in the same directory (like covers), i have to move my covers manually, so a good other option where to "move files [*.jpg;*.gif...] with my music" choosing the list of filetypes i want to "move with". The function can be very simple, when a file is moved, if some others files are matching to the filetypes to move with, you move them in the same destination folder. Like that, my cover will be moved with the first music file moved.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273272"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'll also like that. When I reorganize my music via Move and rename with masstagger, all the covers, playlists or other files included in the directory are left in the old directory. Not really annoying if you have a small library, but with a large library is a PITA to move everything manually.

masstagger requests

Reply #6
I can sit here and say I like all those suggestions until I'm blue in the face, but since my programming skills are next to nil, the best I can do is sit here and become Smurf-like.

masstagger requests

Reply #7
OK, so if we are various people interested in this simple feature, is it possible to integrate these simple features in the next version of foobar?

Can some foobar coder reply to this request?

masstagger requests

Reply #8
I don't know if this will be added, most certainly not before v0.9 goes final.

masstagger requests

Reply #9
I can sit here and say I like all those suggestions until I'm blue in the face, but since my programming skills are next to nil, the best I can do is sit here and become Smurf-like.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=283235"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Another Smurf waiting for news...
All the requested feature are truly a must! at least for me 
But I must wait... I'm not a coder... 

masstagger requests

Reply #10
To correct my last statement: masstagger scripts are accessible through the context menu in v0.9 beta. I cannot check this right now, but I think it was under "Tagging/Scripts/".

masstagger requests

Reply #11
To correct my last statement: masstagger scripts are accessible through the context menu in v0.9 beta. I cannot check this right now, but I think it was under "Tagging/Scripts/".

Your memory serves you well.

Nice feature. 

I don't really understand what part you play in the development of foobar foosion - but please let me take this opportunity to thank you for all your work (whatever it may be).
I'm on a horse.

masstagger requests

Reply #12
I don't really understand what part you play in the development of foobar foosion - but please let me take this opportunity to thank you for all your work (whatever it may be).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299732"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks.  Apart from creating my own components, I mostly try to help people on the forum and IRC, and then there are some contributions to the SDK (mostly in the form of ideas). One of those ideas was to let components insert a whole submenu instead of only a single menu command. However Peter should be thanked for making that work.

masstagger requests

Reply #13
Cool, this is a very good new for this feature!
And thank you to the reply too.

You'r menu idea was right too

masstagger requests

Reply #14
Scripts from context is great, and something I've been missing. But, I have a question related to this, that came up when trying to import my scripts from v.0.8.3. in v.0.9beta3. It seems that the when I save my scripts to file from masstagger in v.0.8.3, it only saves the current script. Am I wrong, and if not, is there a way to save all of them at once in a single file?

If it's possible to save all-in-one in v.0.8.3, is it then possible to import/load these in v.0.9.beta?

masstagger requests

Reply #15
masstagger scripts are accessible through the context menu in v0.9 beta.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299707"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

WOW     
Thanks!!

masstagger requests

Reply #16
Scripts from context is great, and something I've been missing. But, I have a question related to this, that came up when trying to import my scripts from v.0.8.3. in v.0.9beta3. It seems that the when I save my scripts to file from masstagger in v.0.8.3, it only saves the current script. Am I wrong, and if not, is there a way to save all of them at once in a single file?

If it's possible to save all-in-one in v.0.8.3, is it then possible to import/load these in v.0.9.beta?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299911"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What I did was that loaded up a script in 0.8.3 and saved it to a file and then loaded it in 0.9b3 and saved. Worked well, but then again, I only had about 5 useful scripts to move.

masstagger requests

Reply #17

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299911"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What I did was that loaded up a script in 0.8.3 and saved it to a file and then loaded it in 0.9b3 and saved. Worked well, but then again, I only had about 5 useful scripts to move.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=300078"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
All in all I have 33 scripts, but I guess I'll remove some of them. Anyway, as I was bored enough to count them, I guess I can manage to export/import one by one. A little inconvenient, and also makes backups of such things more cumbersome. But, compared to the time I expect to use when moving on to v.0.9, this thing is like peeing in the ocean 

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019