Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: easy enable/disable of any components (Read 2713 times) previous topic - next topic

easy enable/disable of any components

Is this possible or is it a feature request? 

Reply #1
Is this possible[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No.
or is it a feature request?  [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273185"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes, and an old one at that. See [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15233]this thread[/url] for example.

Reply #2
Somebody said if you don't like the component then don't install. Of course you don't install components you don't use, but how about components you use only once in a while (in my case: SoundTouch and other DSP's, Baconwrap and other VIS plugs, possibly some more)? It would be nice if these components can be enabled/disabled at will, thus saving initialiazation time and process load.

Reply #3
Somebody said if you don't like the component then don't install. Of course you don't install components you don't use, but how about components you use only once in a while (in my case: SoundTouch and other DSP's, Baconwrap and other VIS plugs, possibly some more)? It would be nice if these components can be enabled/disabled at will, thus saving initialiazation time and process load.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=273213"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The best suggestion I can give in this case is to rename the plugin .dll file to .bak if you don't need it.  You'd have to do this with foobar2k shut down, and next time you start it, the component won't be loaded.  Then if you want to use it, you just rename the .bak back to .dll.  I'm sure there's a simple batch file that could be written to do this.  I could probably do it if you'd really like.

Reply #4
The best suggestion I can give in this case is to rename the plugin .dll file to .bak if you don't need it. You'd have to do this with foobar2k shut down, and next time you start it, the component won't be loaded. Then if you want to use it, you just rename the .bak back to .dll. I'm sure there's a simple batch file that could be written to do this. I could probably do it if you'd really like.

That's pretty crude, and I can make the batch file myself. Thanks anyways. 

Reply #5
Crude and unnecessary too. Unless the components in question are severely broken, the impact on startup time and memory consumption should be negligible. At least on any even remotely up-to-date system.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.