Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to not open files in playlist ? (Read 1889 times) previous topic - next topic

How to not open files in playlist ?

Hi,
I'm new in customizing foobar2k and here is something I can't solve :

I have some playlists (like that : ) .
If I quit foobar with Rock playlist active, next file I'll open with explorer will be open in Rock's playlist... overwriting the playlist...

Do you know how to make all files (opened via explorer) opened in Default playlist ?

Thx !

(ps : sorry for my English...)

Reply #1
Preferences -> Core -> Commandline -> check "Always send to playlist" and enter "Default" (or something to that end)

Reply #2
thank you !!!! 

Reply #3
thank you !!!! 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I dont mean to be a pest, but this option enqueues the file in a specified playlist, further user input is required to hear it. In one sense it has been opened, but practicaly, simply enqueued. Full opening could imply hearing|playing to others?

Ive warbled about this in the thread [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31354]grrr playlists[/url]

Although this enqueing option sounds promising and we can make do with it, I personaly find it combersome not to have a non playlist destructive Open command for hearing files while exploring.

-seems to be a unique peeve 

edit - linked thread

edit - correction,
I see now it can play automatically with this option, but then it must also clear the playlist - It gives with one hand but still takes with the other 
no conscience > no custom