Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar doesn't like ID3v2 track number tags... (Read 2717 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar doesn't like ID3v2 track number tags...

If I have a MP3 set of a ripped CD with track numbers with no / and the total tracks numbers after it (eg just 1, 2, 3 etc), foobar sorts it fine.

If it DOES (eg 1/42, 2/42, 3/42 etc) foobar arranges them like 1/42, 11/42, 12/42, .... 19/42, 2/42, 20/42, 21/42 etc. and only displays the first numer with %tracknumber% .

How can I get it to sort these properly i.e. in numerical order?

Reply #1
try:

$num(%tracknumber%,2)
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
No change.

Here's what I got in the various parts:

Adding new files sorting prefs (core): %_path%|$num(%tracknumber%,9)

(I had that as 2 as the test from what you said)

In the title / systray: [%artist% - ]$if(%title%,%title%,%_filename_ext%) ['('%album%[, [Disc %disc%/, ]track $num(%tracknumber%,2)]') ']- %_foobar2000_version%

(Shows only the first number, no / or the 2nd)

I'm using Columns UI, and in the track column I have this: [%tracknumber%]

(This one displays all the info, but not in sorted order.)

I tried removing the ,# (where # is either 2 or 9) from the sort, no change...

Reply #3
I know that it does not display the second number - but it should sort the files correctly.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #4
Adding incoming files in core is now set to %_path%|$num(%tracknumber%,2)

It still is doing the same thing... =/

EDIT: But now the title bar / systray are displaying properly =D, entirely by accident, so only the sorting is the issue...

Reply #5
What do your file names look like? %_path% includes the file name.

Reply #6
Hmm....

File names start with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, etc. up to 42. There's then a dash, then the track name.

EDIT: I reversed it so it reads $num(%tracknumber%,2)|%_path% and now it works!

Thanks, both of you.

Reply #7
Strings must be padded. That string will not work properly if you add multiple albums at once.

$pad(%_path%,80)|$tracknumber(3)

Safe to pad the track number, and 80 should be enough for the path so it doesn't require cutting. Feel free to use more insane numbers to slow down sorting, or something.