Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Prevent foobar from stopping on a dead entry (Read 2067 times) previous topic - next topic

Prevent foobar from stopping on a dead entry

How do I prevent foobar from stopping on a non-existent track (dead/duplicate entry) and just play the next existent track on the playlist? I always have dead/duplicate tracks on my playlist due to constant moving of my audio files...which leads me to my 2nd question. Is there a way to monitor my audio files (remove dead/duplicate entries automatically)? Even when I already removed them manually on the main playlist/album list, these dead/duplicates re-appear on the other playlists that i create. 

Reply #1
You can remove dead entries from fb2k's internal DB in the preferences->database page.

I someway have a feeling that an auto-update feature for the DB (not just for dead but also for new files) may be coming in future fb2k versions, because so many people have requested it, and its the main showstopper for having "smart-playlists".

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
How do I prevent foobar from stopping on a non-existent track (dead/duplicate entry) and just play the next existent track on the playlist?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272665"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Have you tried unchecking Preferences->Core->Stop playing on file open errors? I don't know if it does what you want, but it might be worth a try.

Reply #3
Have you tried unchecking Preferences->Core->Stop playing on file open errors? I don't know if it does what you want, but it might be worth a try.

It did! 

Thanks upNorth and Lyx.