Skip to main content
Topic: question about foo_albumlist (Read 2718 times) previous topic - next topic

question about foo_albumlist

Hi,

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question to no avail.. How can i make my albumlist to look like this photoshopped image?

I basically want to be able to have multiple methods of browsing my files (date/genre/artists/etc etc) in one string, but to me, it seems that this is only possible using the Rightclick > View method.

tia

Reply #1
I basically want to be able to have multiple methods of browsing my files (date/genre/artists/etc etc) in one string, but to me, it seems that this is only possible using the Rightclick > View method.

tia
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I believe that person is using the database explorer panel, which has multiple "roots."  It's in the first post at [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28647]the ui_columns thread[/url].

Reply #2
How does one get the panel to actually appear on the sidebar?  I put the .dll file in the /components but it doesn't not appear in F00bar. 

EDIT:  nevermind, I didn't check "show all toolbars"...

Reply #3
I believe that person is using the database explorer panel, which has multiple "roots."  It's in the first post at the ui_columns thread.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272184"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for replying. Actually I photoshopped the picture you see myself. It is based on foo_albumlist. I tried the Database Explorer plugin and it does exactly what i want, only it's far less tunable than foo_albumlist. I miss custom item height/indentation and the ability to disable the horizontal scrollbar and the display of the root node.

If anyone knows an answer to my original question, i'd still be grateful. If not, i'll use foo_dbexplorer like topdownjimmy suggested (thanks for that  )

Reply #4
I believe that person is using the database explorer panel, which has multiple "roots."  It's in the first post at the ui_columns thread.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for replying. Actually I photoshopped the picture you see myself. It is based on foo_albumlist. I tried the Database Explorer plugin and it does exactly what i want, only it's far less tunable than foo_albumlist. I miss custom item height/indentation and the ability to disable the horizontal scrollbar and the display of the root node.

If anyone knows an answer to my original question, i'd still be grateful. If not, i'll use foo_dbexplorer like topdownjimmy suggested (thanks for that  )
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=272191"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might try [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=29435]foo_playlist_tree[/url].  Although many people have had problems with it, it intends to do what you're asking.

Reply #5
Playlist-tree was (is?) quite dangerous. So dangerous that recommending it has been banned in the fb2k-forums.

If the bugs have been solved, then it may do exactly what you want. If not, then you ask for trouble.

I'd propose to stick with the DB-explorer until you're sure that playlist-tree has matured and become stable.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020