Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [request] Lyrics Panel (Read 236437 times) previous topic - next topic

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #100
yes, the server seems to be quite slow.. 

server responds for my requests in 3-4 seconds if lyrics does not found, and much faster, if lyrics is located in the database... maybe it's network problems with my hoster? could you try to surf a bit in web, will it be slow like that too?

p.s. the database grows fast, it's over 1500 lyrics now, and was almost empty a week ago.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #101
I think there's a bug in the search screen: when I right click the "lyric show" tab and do an "online search..." the artist field comes up blank on the search screen.
After manually typing in the artist name, and if the search yields no result (says: "found noting") and then when I click the "close" button, foobar hangs and sometime crashes.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=303444"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Confirmed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=304320"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am experiencing both of theese problems also.

This is a great plugin, the only feature request would be to be able to configure multiple online databases, and prioritze them.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #102
yes, the server seems to be quite slow.. 

server responds for my requests in 3-4 seconds if lyrics does not found, and much faster, if lyrics is located in the database... maybe it's network problems with my hoster? could you try to surf a bit in web, will it be slow like that too?

p.s. the database grows fast, it's over 1500 lyrics now, and was almost empty a week ago.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309857"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yeah, it really growed big in the last days and since yesterday the lyrics can be found much faster, too. Maybe it's just been a short ... ehm ... yeah ... whatever    it's much faster now

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #103

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=309857"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The server is pretty fast for me, and it growing rapidly.  Unfortunately I prefer timestamped lyrics, but its better than nothing.

I also like the lyricshow plugin since it displays the textfiles i have in th folder if no lyricas are present.  this works great for displaying tracklist.txt in the folders i have for my livesets

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #104
The server is pretty fast for me, and it growing rapidly.  Unfortunately I prefer timestamped lyrics, but its better than nothing.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310124"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that's the only thing what's missing: timestamped lyrics!
Would it be possible to add the feature to lyricsdb, maybe you could choose to download timestamped or normal lyrics when both are available and active an option that checks back if timestamped lyrics are availble if you haven non for a song, each time the song plays. That would be really marvellous 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #106
What's the URL For the lyrics database? http://www.mirkforce.net/lyricsdb/ is spitting out a 404 error
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310160"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hm.... works just fine

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #107
Yes, that's the only thing what's missing: timestamped lyrics!?

it's was not the idea. all lyrics(es) just do not have this information, and i have no idea really what it for . it's just small plugin for searching and downloading lyris. (and then writing 'em into tags!) i see some guy always rerequesting same lyrics... it's saved in the tags, so you can just see 'em in fie information...

preparing a little updates, added more complicated title guessing engine. think i will release plugin (it's alpha version now ). and url will be changed a bit too. thanks for testing, keep tuned.

p.s. whois Unicore?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #108
preparing a little updates, added more complicated title guessing engine. think i will release plugin (it's alpha version now ). and url will be changed a bit too. thanks for testing, keep tuned.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310954"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

When will it be done? I'm really excited to see this soon 
p.s. whois Unicore?

If you mean Unicron    it's me...

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #109

what's great about all this, ALL lyrics-searching stuff is server-side. so i can update it from time to time transparently. that guessing engine, based on the title hashes, not on exact titles already on the fly. before that "artist ~ song (comment)" and "artist ~ song" were different, but now hash is the same ("song"). there are a lot of songs with comments in braces... smth else, different quantity of spaces for example... by the way, script cleans lyrics before saving to the database and kills stupid empty lines and a LOT of spaces, hate them  especially at the end of lines.
p.s. whois Unicore?

If you mean Unicron    it's me...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310956"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

knew that

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #111
@dug
What about an option to autmaticly get the lyrics when playing a song 
This would save me three mouseclicks. 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #112
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yep, url changed, seems all is allright.
old url is working too, but it's recommended to change it in preferences -> components -> LyricsDB to [a href="http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lyricsdb.cgi]http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lyricsdb.cgi[/url]
new webface: http://lyrics.mirkforce.net

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #113
Works fine for me 
You released a new version, too I think .... or am I just confused 

Will the source code be released?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #114
Works fine for me  

yep, with a little bug (there's no third checkbox in config, redownload it please, fixed.
Will the source code be released?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312900"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmm don't sure, hope so, as soon as i'll remove all trash

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #115
Works fine for me  

yep, with a little bug (there's no third checkbox in config, redownload it please, fixed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I didn't even look into the config .... god I'm really confused this days. I need vacation 

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #116
I didn't even look into the config ....
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313266"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

and haven't seen stupid "didn't found lyrics" message?
added that one, 'couse every one is confused, when lirics was not found and nothing happens (but actually something happens: progress bar dissapears ). so added that "feature"...

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #117
Hey

It's great pugin indeed  [foo_uie_lyrics/lyrics_show]

But some features are missing

[request] It will be possible to scroll text without time stamps?

I have lyrics in *.txt files. All texts of songs are in one file [pattern: Artist 'enter' Album 'enter' first song , second song and so one ]. Each album folder contains one *txt file with all songs texts.

Can you add this 'feature', autoscrolling without time stamps [and of course I'd like to choose the speed of scrolling  and if is possible buttons (stop, start, faster, slower scrolling in the bottom of lyrics panel  ]

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #118
Hi, 0.2.3.6 has release.
fixed some bug,, and add some new feature. 

non-timestamp lyrics can auto wapper now, but I don't plan to do for timestamp lyrics.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #119
Hi, 0.2.3.6 has release.
fixed some bug,, and add some new feature.

non-timestamp lyrics can auto wapper now, but I don't plan to do for timestamp lyrics.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314350"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi bluenet and thanks for the new version.

Auto-wrap works now, though by-letter and not by-word (not a major issue).

Also short lyrics bug seems to be fixed.

But:

1) right-click context menu is unreadable (I assume chinese, as I only see bold vertical lines instead of "normal" characters)

2) Wheel scrolling is now behaving correctly but, if possible, it should stop scrolling when the end of lyrics is reached (now it scrolls until you only see the last two lines)

Finally, do you think you will add this option?
Another feature I need is the possibility to switch between currently playing and currently selected song lyrics: IOW, the equivalent of double-click/center-click of track info panel.
Regards.

Alessandro

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #120
Oh, sorry. I'm forgot that auto wrap is diffent from Chinese to English. fix in next version.

What mean "right-click context menu is unreadable"? Am I using a wrong word?

"switch between currently playing and currently selected song lyrics" can apply when selected song have a non-timestamp lyrics, timestamp lyrics is design to playing song. Yes, I have add to Todo list.

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #121
Hey

It's great pugin indeed  [foo_uie_lyrics/lyrics_show]

But some features are missing

[request] It will be possible to scroll text without time stamps?

I have lyrics in *.txt files. All texts of songs are in one file [pattern: Artist 'enter' Album 'enter' first song , second song and so one ]. Each album folder contains one *txt file with all songs texts.

Can you add this 'feature', autoscrolling without time stamps [and of course I'd like to choose the speed of scrolling  and if is possible buttons (stop, start, faster, slower scrolling in the bottom of lyrics panel  ]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313607"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Too complex to parse all text in one file, why don't you separate to 'artist - title' formatting?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #122
I have to say this lyrics plugin is really awesome. Especially as I'm the type of person who listens to songs without paying attention to lyrics sometimes.

But I have one burning question. How do I make Lyric DB and Lyric Show work together. If I just play the song it won't display the lyrics, I have to go click "search db" to get the lyrics. Do I have to manually add timestamps to them and save them for lyric-show to pick them up?

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #123
What mean "right-click context menu is unreadable"?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=314494"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
"switch between currently playing and currently selected song lyrics" can apply when selected song have a non-timestamp lyrics, timestamp lyrics is design to playing song. Yes, I have add to Todo list.
Yes, I was referring to non-timestamped lyrics.

Thanks for your time.

Alessandro

[request] Lyrics Panel

Reply #124
mobyduck have you downloaded the english version of the plugin??
I have no probs with the context menu.