Skip to main content
Topic: HELP! Lossy or Lossless? (Read 11969 times) previous topic - next topic

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #25
Thanks cabbagerat.

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #26
Dither changes the frequency of the quantization noise - this change in the frequency distribution of the file probably fools auCDetect's MPEG detection algorithm. The graphs Here (from the HA FAQ) should clear things up.
Great link, cabbagerat.  Thanks for posting it.

I don't suppose you have any information on what might be causing the problem I've experienced...(?)
Clowns love haircuts; so should Lee Marvin's valet.

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #27
Without having read the link, a short explanation why auCDtect may fail:
Dither adds a small amount of white noise. White noise contains frequencies from all over the spectrum at the same loudness, 0-22050Hz in this case. Thus there's some frequency content above 16kHz again.
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #28
nyarlathotep - i'm trying to get auCDtect to read my cd's and it won't .. I saw the command you used below on your screen shot - but it's not working for me.  Can you give me a hand on what it is i'm doing wrong?

at the command prompt i've tried aucdtect *.wav - i've tried pathing to the cd drive and doing the same thing but the software just displays the different switches you can use with the software.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #29
nyarlathotep - i'm trying to get auCDtect to read my cd's and it won't .. I saw the command you used below on your screen shot - but it's not working for me.  Can you give me a hand on what it is i'm doing wrong?

at the command prompt i've tried aucdtect *.wav - i've tried pathing to the cd drive and doing the same thing but the software just displays the different switches you can use with the software.

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=279726"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try copying the wav files into the directory with auCDtect.exe
I know that I know nothing. But how can I then know that ?

HELP! Lossy or Lossless?

Reply #30

Thanks!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Try copying the wav files into the directory with auCDtect.exe
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287293"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wouldn't rely on aucdtect...see [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31563&view=findpost&p=286779]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=286779[/url] and http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=287263
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020