Skip to main content

Notice

Please be aware that much of the software linked to or mentioned on this forum is niche and therefore infrequently downloaded. Lots of anti-virus scanners and so-called malware detectors like to flag infrequently downloaded software as bad until it is either downloaded enough times, or its developer actually bothers with getting each individual release allow listed by every single AV vendor. You can do many people a great favor when encountering such a "problem" example by submitting them to your AV vendor for examination. For almost everything on this forum, it is a false positive.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 232592 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #625
This is probably a bug of foo_customdb or foobar itself. I'm writing here because customdb thread is closed.
Help me to understand where to send bug report so no one else won't affect this in future.

foobar 2000 1.6.2
foo_customdb 0.1.0_beta1
foo_skip 1.32

I have both components installed, but no such issues. I use cutomdb 9a, though. Why do you think this odd behaviour of foo_skip is caused by customdb, BTW?
I'm late

Reply #626
I have both components installed, but no such issues. I use cutomdb 9a, though. Why do you think this odd behaviour of foo_skip is caused by customdb, BTW?

Well, lucky for you. It's might not be behaviour of foo_skip because it just reads what's in database and doesn't write to it. I opened database in sqlite browser and I saw there new records like skip_track=1.

Reply #627
Well, lucky for you. It's might not be behaviour of foo_skip because it just reads what's in database and doesn't write to it. I opened database in sqlite browser and I saw there new records like skip_track=1.

I see, so you set foo_skip to skip tracks based on the value of a customdb field? I'm afraid this is really off topic here, but the problem might depend on how you set the customdb actions. It's hard to tell without knowing how you edit the skip_track field.
I'm late

Reply #628
I see, so you set foo_skip to skip tracks based on the value of a customdb field? I'm afraid this is really off topic here, but the problem might depend on how you set the customdb actions. It's hard to tell without knowing how you edit the skip_track field.

Is there other options to keep information about skipped tracks? Where it will be stored? I did my setup a long time ago so customdb seemed the best option at that time. I am at Columns UI and to skip track I use hotkey with "Skip Toggle" action. Bug is probably occured on skipping track with hieroglyphs and other fancy non-typical symbols.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021