Skip to main content
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 193034 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #450
Hi music skipping gang.

I'm looking for a way to forward to the next song after the current track has played for 2min.

I'm playing around with foo_skip on my foobar v.1.3.7 and the component is working because with the query %genre% IS Blues does indeed skip my "Blues" music. But all my attempts to skip after 120seconds have failed

In the image above you can see all the attempts I tried including:  "120-",  "00:02:0-00:00:00" and "-00:00:0;00:02:00-"
The only one that actually did something was the genre query mentioned above.

Any idea why?

I only have skip_track activated in the DSP by the way

Thank you so much

Reply #451
To skip specific parts of a track. you actually have to tag your files with a SKIP tag.

Can also skip parts of tracks. Tag field SKIP specifies the timecodes:
SKIP=-<time>   to skip from the beginning to <time>.
SKIP=<time>-   to skip from <time> to the next track.
SKIP=<a>-<b>   to skip from position <a> to later position <b>.
SKIP=-<a>;<b>-   to skip from start to <a> and from <b> to next track.

Reply #453
marc2003 and Daeron,

Thank you so much for your awesome help. It worked. Actually both approaches will be very useful indeed. Foobar is just amazing, isn't it!?

Reply #454
Is there a way to have Skip Track skip so that the same artist doesn't play twice in an hour? Or even a 5 track span?

Reply #455
foo_skip causes infinite repeat of a song, and it does happen with several songs, but only when foobar2000 advances to the next track automatically. But it does not happen when I advance to the next track manually.

I have tried various options to get rid of the "bug", but I cannot get rid of my problem.
I've tried to change audio output to Direct Sound, I tried WASAPI (event) and WASAPI (push), even tried Null oputput, but that made no difference. So it can't be related to my soundcard.

I made a portable install of foobar2000 v1.3.10, but the same problem appears.
I'm running foobar2000 on Windows 7 x64.

Please see my screen-capture, to visualize my problem:
https://youtu.be/7BygsvWS4Ek
Youtube might take some time to render...

Reply #456
You most likely set up a bad query in 'File/Preferences/Tools/Skip track/Skip track query'. Or it's the default one which as I remember is something along the lines of 'skip track if RATING is 0' and your files happen to have that. So post the query and the right click/properties window of your problematic files (so we can see the tags).

Reply #457
Here are the tags for the file in question:

Here are my options for foo_skip (default):

I do not use rating-tags, but my rating goes to the database (playback statistics).

All my foobar2000 components are up to date:

Thanks in advance.

Reply #458
Using Previous command after skipping a track seemed to be buggy in the old version of the component. I uploaded a version with a fix but it's so far only available on my site. I'll put it on the official component repository when I wake up.

Reply #459
Thank you very much, Case. Now it works like intended :)

Reply #460
Is there a way to have Skip Track skip so that the same artist doesn't play twice in an hour? Or even a 5 track span?

I second this!
Longtime wished...  :\

Reply #461
@Case: excellent plugin. I tested
SKIP=-<a>;<b>-<c>
behavior but this dont work. Its OK to A part but after B ends track playing

Reply #462
I would like to add a button that toggles the skip function. Is there a value I can refer to in titleformatting that tells me weather the skip function is on or not?
I'm late

Reply #463
I would like to add a button that toggles the skip function. Is there a value I can refer to in titleformatting that tells me weather the skip function is on or not?
Just add a button to your toolbar, right-click the toolbar and select "customize buttons..." browse for the command "skip tracks & use bookmarks" under [main]>playback>skip tracks & use bookmarks

Reply #464

Just add a button to your toolbar, right-click the toolbar and select "customize buttons..." browse for the command "skip tracks & use bookmarks" under [main]>playback>skip tracks & use bookmarks

That's fine, I understand the same command enables or disables the component, but I would like the command button to show different icons according to the component status: a brighter one when the skip function is enabled and a darker one when it is not. I'm using the $imagebutton function of the panel stack splitter, therefore I need a value I can use in an if statement that tells me whether the component is enabled or not, just like I have for the shuffle and repeat mode command buttons.

EDIT:
Actually I just realised that the playing order status is a specific panel stack splitter reference, so I guess what I'm asking for is not possible.
I'm late

Reply #465
Hello, I have a problem, if anyone could please help?

This plugin used to work fine for me a few years ago. Right now I've just installed the latest version (1.9.8 ) and I can't get it to skip anything.

If I simply enter "1" in the skip track query, it works, skipping everything. But if I enter anything more complicated, it doesn't skip anything at all. For example:

$if(%skip%,1,1)
or
$ifgreater(60,50,1,1)
or
$ifgreater($rand(100),1,1,0)

None of these results in anything being skipped at all. I wonder why?

Reply #466
It takes query syntax so you need to do something like

Code: [Select]
"$ifgreater(%something%,10,1,0)" IS 1

Reply #467
Wonderful! :) Thank you once again Marc2003 (I recall you've helped me in the past) :)

I get it now: Foo Skip will skip the song if the query result is true. I was thinking it skipped if the query returned a value of 1.

I feel that perhaps the documentation could make this "must be true" a little more clear, perhaps with a couple of examples, for the sake of dummies like me? It didn't help that when I installed the plugin, the query box was blank, possibly because I was upgrading from a very old version.

To make things even more confusing for me, when I looked through this thread to find examples of queries, They were all like this:
$ifgreater($rand(100),%skip%,1,0).

I guess everyone just missed out the "IS 1" in this thread because it's obvious when you know it should be there. :)

Reply #468
I just want to thank Case for his help in the past. Looking back through this thread, I can see that 4 years ago I asked for a way of using random numbers to allow higher rated songs to be more likely to play. 3 months after that (by which time I had given up and stopped checking the thread) Case very kindly added the $rand() function and provided the exact code I need, which I am so happy with, thank you! :)
Actually the probability skipping is possible since January.
Note that with foo_playcount component you can't have rating 0 so this example skip query uses $meta check with it:
("$meta(rating)" IS 0 AND "$mod($rand(),100)" GREATER 1) OR (%rating% IS 1 AND "$mod($rand(),100)" GREATER 24) OR (%rating% IS 2 AND "$mod($rand(),100)" GREATER 49) OR (%rating% IS 3 AND "$mod($rand(),100)" GREATER 74)

Reply #469
Hello Case,
I have a question regarding the effect of your component on replaygain scanning; If I add a SKIP tag to a file to skip the beginning of a track (e.g. <SKIP> = -0:08:00), and then (re)run replaygain scanning on said track, will the "skipped" part of the track then be ignored during scanning?
I think this should be the desired behaviour, but is this what happens?

Best,

Thor

Reply #470
The component won't affect ReplayGain results. A postprocess decoder could perhaps cheat the scanner and return silence for unwanted parts but I believe postprocessing is only performed for a certain limited number of formats.
If you think the results are way off because of skipping you could use Converter to write a temporary file and run a scan on that file. Then copy the RG numbers manually over.

Reply #471
OK, thanks for clarifying that Case!

Reply #472
I've been using this component to play excerpts of long classical tracks for my radio show, and I'm really enjoying it thus far. I did come across a bug, however. Whenever I end a track early through <SKIP>, it doesn't affect the "stop after current" playback option; it just goes on to the next track. I did some testing by playing with automatic fade-outs, and it looks like cutting the track off early counts as a manual track change. Maybe there is some way to make foobar recognize it as an automatic track change?

Also, if anyone else is interested, I made a custom column which shows the length of an excerpted track. I'll paste the pattern below. One caveat: the <SKIP> field must have the format -MM:SS;MM:SS- (a start/end time of 00:00 does nothing, I've found).

What I want to do now is have some way of quickly displaying the actual duration of my playlists. I can't really find any obvious way to do this, so if anyone has tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #473
I cannot extract desired track sections using information in the skip tag field anymore.
It used to work fine using foobar converter, where I set up a preset that used DSP "Skip track (for Converter)"

Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Reply #474
...What I want to do now is have some way of quickly displaying the actual duration of my playlists. I can't really find any obvious way to do this, so if anyone has tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.
You have that feature built-in foobar2000 Playlist Manager.
View > Playlist Manager > right-click on the column bar > Columns > tick the duration item

You can also have playlists duration if you install the highly recommended Playlist Organizer plugin :
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_plorg

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018