Skip to main content
Topic: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54 (Read 203605 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Emu Player (foo_gep) by kode54

Reply #575
Hello. I'm having a problem with this component. Whenever I use it to try and play .gbs files, at least with Pokemon Gold/Crystal, everything is all mixed up. For instance, the first track that plays is the "Pokemon March", but the length and tags are those of "Pokemon GS Intro 1". What might be causing this problem?

Reply #576
Sounds like the M3U files are messed up. I can never get that feature right, because nobody has settled on a common behavior for even the subsong numbers.

Reply #577
...nobody has settled on a common behavior for even the subsong numbers.

Well that's inconvenient. Is it something I could fix by messing with the m3u file myself? Or is that more complicated than not?

Reply #578
My code can be changed to deal with the off by one error, assuming you’re running the latest version. The thing is, if it’s correct for your files, it may be off for others.

Reply #579
I think there was some kind of regression in NSF playback in version 1.214. The attached NSF sounds crunchy and horrible in 1.214, but was fine in 1.213 (I just rolled back to the old version and checked). Seems to be a problem with N163 specifically?

Reply #580
Cool. I get nagged to implement features that developers newly discover (N163 supporting waveforms up to 256 samples long), and then they break a bazillion fan made NSF files that were made without understanding that knowledge.

Note that these files will be just as broken on actual hardware.

Reply #581
Ouch, that's unfortunate.

Would it be possible to add a checkbox to the configuration page to enable/disable the correct behavior? I'm not aware of any other NSF players for foobar2000 and I'd hate to be stuck with an old version of foo_gep just to play back these old NSFs. I totally understand if you'd rather not, though.

Reply #582
Bam, I'm bringing it back, because this is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVAfOoiKids

And all those broken NSFs can be fixed with some work. They already don't work on actual hardware, except for flawed implementations.

Reply #583
I've forced the issue. The new waveforms are enabled now. There is also a context menu item under Utilities, which will permanently patch one or more N163 NSF files, or at least attempt to patch them. Only attempt patching on files which sound broken.

Reply #584
hey Kode54,
what format is NSF for?
I know that Game Emu Player component does SNES and Genesis at the least... but... more...? or at least that is all I use it for...

Reply #585
NES.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020