Skip to main content
Topic: Ripper/encoder question (Read 2740 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripper/encoder question

I've been using EAC for years, and love it. The only problem is MP3 tagging. I have many Japanese CDs, and everytime I used freedb, EAC only displays ??? regardless of language setting in windows. I tried dbpoweramp and Audiograbber, and both do the same thing. On the other hand, WMP and iTunes do an excellent job on those CDs, but I want to use Lame as my encoder. Is there an encoder software that uses Lame (or can use CLI encoder) and support excellent tagging capabilities like WMP/iTunes?

Thanks.
twitter.com/pika2000

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #1
A dirty way would be to rip a wav/cue with EAC and then mount that to a virtual drive and rip with the software of your choice.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #2
Well, my question is what software that can use Lame and support good tagging capabilities like WMP/iTunes (unicode support). 
twitter.com/pika2000

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #3
How about just tagging after ripping?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #4
You mean tagging after ripping and before encoding? What program do you have in mind?
twitter.com/pika2000

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #5
no, after encoding.

Supposedly The Godfather and Musicbrainz are good, but I don't use em.  I just use Foobar2000 or tag.exe when I need to tag something

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #6
I just tag after encoding with Japanese CDs because I have the same problem you do.  I use tag.exe for this.
Nero AAC 1.5.1.0: -q0.45

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #7
I just tag after encoding with Japanese CDs because I have the same problem you do.  I use tag.exe for this.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=259187"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have a link for its website or place to download?
twitter.com/pika2000

Ripper/encoder question

Reply #8
I just found the program and front-end. However, all track names are still ???. Any ideas?
twitter.com/pika2000

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019