Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Auto save M3U playlists and CUE file when ripping? (Read 2386 times) previous topic - next topic

Auto save M3U playlists and CUE file when ripping?

Is there way to automatically save a M3U playlist in the album folder when ripping/converting a CD? I want to set this up for my brother so it's an easy process without too many steps for him to remember (He's a computer n00b).

Reply #1
I assume you are ripping to separate MP3/OGG/MPC/etc. tracks.

You could do this with a batch file.  Call the batch file as an external encoder, get the batch file to encode the track, and also append a line to an M3U file (which is, after all, only a text file).

Adding a line per track would be something like

ECHO %3>> "%~dp3playlist.m3u"

If playlist.m3u doesn't exist (i.e.: at track 1) it will be created first.

If you don't get any better/easier suggestions and like the idea, but don't know how to proceed please ask.

NB: It's even possible you could use MAREO, and get MAREO to call CMD.EXE to run the above line (replacing %3 with the respective MAREO parameter).
I'm on a horse.

Reply #2
I assume you are ripping to separate MP3/OGG/MPC/etc. tracks.

You could do this with a batch file.  Call the batch file as an external encoder, get the batch file to encode the track, and also append a line to an M3U file (which is, after all, only a text file).

Adding a line per track would be something like

ECHO %3>> "%~dp3playlist.m3u"

If playlist.m3u doesn't exist (i.e.: at track 1) it will be created first.

If you don't get any better/easier suggestions and like the idea, but don't know how to proceed please ask.

NB: It's even possible you could use MAREO, and get MAREO to call CMD.EXE to run the above line (replacing %3 with the respective MAREO parameter).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255659"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm. Rather surprised it does not give that option in the diskwriter portion of fb2k as it's an option in Winamp's ripping options (But Winamp does not allow single file output for mix CD's etc). No I have no idea how to do what you just said. I'm a complete n00b with fb2k options

Reply #3
Perhaps it lacks these options because it was not designed for ripping CDs.

Reply #4
Perhaps it lacks these options because it was not designed for ripping CDs.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=255701"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nevermind. You are correct. Although FB2K can rip CD's it's not really the best for the job and after figuring out how to number tracks in EAC I am happy to show my brother how to use that.

Thanks for your help.