Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar doesn't like my 5.1 system (Read 2053 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar doesn't like my 5.1 system

I just got Logitech Z-5500's a few days ago, and I've been having trouble getting to them to work with foobar.  I tried "Convert stereo to 4 channels" and Channel Mixer (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=28928), but I get the same results with both.  My two front speakers play properly (as does my center with Channel Mixer), my back left speaker plays fine, but no or very little sound emits from my back right speaker.  Yes, I know I can use Stereo x2 mode on my speakers, but I'd rather not have to switch between Stereo x2 and Direct 6 channel every time I switch between listening music and playing games.  Also, I'm not entirely positive, but I think it actually was working properly at one point and has since stopped.  I haven't done anything to my computer since then, so I can't imagine I changed something that would tell foobar to ignore the back right speaker.  Any suggestions?

Foobar doesn't like my 5.1 system

Reply #1
Have you taken the time to check the speaker is functioning properly?  Try swapping it with the rear left speaker and see if it is still "malfunctioning."