Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playlist_tree (Read 713070 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1325

I think I've found a bug. When you change the Column UI layout, and you have the PT panel in the layout, once you click apply, the PT configuration just dissapear.

Sounds kind of like the problem I described above.

I think the playlist tree panel that is being created is not the same one, so they two instances don't know about each other... you might try doing something similiar with another panel that remembers its own state like trackinfo and see if they lose their config too...
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1326
1. The query node of @playlist works like a link: The content is not sended to library playlist but opens the original.

[...]

It would bee great to have the functionality of playlist mangement.

I second both requests.

One little suggestion, could it be possible to add more than one PT panel? I'll like to get more than 2 PT panels, but with different configurations.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1327
One little suggestion, could it be possible to add more than one PT panel? I'll like to get more than 2 PT panels, but with different configurations.

Its already possible... columns ui layout should let you add as many as you want...

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1328
Code: [Select]
Release 2.2.beta0

* faster query results using compiled titleformatter (1.15s vs .39s in one sample)
          o improvements only on queries not using the %<tag>% stuff

New Features

* @queue source designator. allows you to view whats in the playback queue.
          o can be set to automatically update when files are added to queue or played
    * @playlist queries can be set to automatically update when the source playlist is changed
    * @playlists queries can be set to automatically update if a playlists is add, removed or renamed
    * new context menu item: play in library playlist - clears queue, sends selection to library playlists and plays it
    * dropping items to a auto refreshed @queue query will add the item to the queue as well as the node
    * dropping items to a auto refreshed @playlist query will add the item to that playlist as well as the node
          o dropping items will also cause the query to refresh so that the folder layout is correct - so if you drop a file anywhere under a playlist or queue quere, the playlist or queue will be added to, then the query will be refreshed so everything in the query node is in the proper place...
    * respond to file moves and deletes by moving underyling path and removing node respectively.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1329

I think I've found a bug. When you change the Column UI layout, and you have the PT panel in the layout, once you click apply, the PT configuration just dissapear.

Sounds kind of like the problem I described above.

I think the playlist tree panel that is being created is not the same one, so they two instances don't know about each other... you might try doing something similiar with another panel that remembers its own state like trackinfo and see if they lose their config too...

Not sure what you mean here about two instances.  In my case, there is only one Playlist Tree panel.  When any layout change is made to Columns UI, the Playlist Tree panel's PTS file gets changed immediately (as shown in a previous post).  Nothing happens to either of my two Track Info panels.  They keep their configurations while the same layout changes cause problems with PLT.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1330
Anybody tried any of the new auto refreshing options in 2.2?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1331
not home right now, but i'll check thius new version out if im home later tonight...
just to let u know cwbowron, each time you release a new version of the PLT, the refresh time gets faster and faster.

btw, cant wait to try the new features with the que viewer andm editor.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1332
Here, @playlists<> autorefresh work great, and the same for @playlist. However, I wonder if thi @playlist<> functionality could be added to @drop (for playlists, directories or just files droped into a PT folder), I mean:

I have a directory with personal playlists and if I want theme to apperar in PT I have 3 choices:
1) Drop every playlist using @drop<path-to-the-playlists\playlist.fpl>
2) Drop the whole directory using @drop<path-to-the-playlists>, and every playlists will appear as a static folder.
3) Open the playlists in fb2k and use @playlists<> to manage them.

But this are the 'issues' I encounter:
1) Any change (add/remove song) to the drop query is not saved since it always load the original playlist and doesn't save the changes to the loaded playlist.
2) Idem as 1) since they are also static. Changes aren't saved.
3) Idem as 1 and 2. Changes are only saved if you use @playlist and you load the playlists one by one. So you have to always have these playlists opened and in the fb2k playlists/directory.

It'll be nice if the new @playlist autosaved feature could be added to @drop, so:

- You don't have to keep the playlists opened (imagine if you don't save the playlist and you close it, ops, it's gone)
- You can just make new playlists into a directory, you drop it, and these are managed by PT (added/removed tracks, create/delete playlists, etc...)

Thanks.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1333
'Is it possible to have the tree sort artists starting with "the" by the word after "the"?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1334
It'll be nice if the new @playlist autosaved feature could be added to @drop, so:

I've been playing a littlle more with the options we have right now in PT to manage playlists, but I admit that managing external playlists, that are not in the foobar2000\playlists directory (so, opened in foobar) is not very nice. Right now, if you drop a directory with several playlists, PT will trat them as static folders that it load everytime you open fb2k. If you drop files to the playlist folder, it'll load them, but if you switch to another place in the PT tree and you get back to this PT static folder, the content regenerated is obviously the source playlists, so changes are lost. The only way right now is, to open this static node as a playlist in the playlists switcher and remember to save changes to the real external playlist. Changes in the static folder are not automatics, so you have to restart fb2k (or refresh the drop query) to make PT reload the directory with external playlists and see the changes.

Hope it makes sense and you fine this suggestions useful cwbowron. PT is really great and improving everyday. Good work.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1335
'Is it possible to have the tree sort artists starting with "the" by the word after "the"?

$if($strcmp($left(%artist%,4),The ),$right(%artist%,$sub($len(%artist%),4))', 'The,%artist%)|%album%|$num(%tracknumber%,2). %title%

I believe this is what you would want.  This sorts by Artist (ignoring "The "), then by album, the by tracknumber (with trackname).

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1336

What does "Automatically Refresh" do exactly?  Does it refresh every time a new track is played, or every time foobar starts up, or what?

This is another example of one of my biggest frustrations with playlist tree, its consistent use of ambiguous language.  I love the component and consider it to be almost essential for me, but some clearer language would make things a lot easier.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1337
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm at a complete loss here...  In preferences -> playlist tree panel -> mouse and keyboard, I can choose the action "add to specified playlist"

Sounds like exactly what I am looking for, but how on earth do I specify what playlist to use? At this moment, when I use this function, nothing happens at all... Am I overlooking something here?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1338

What does "Automatically Refresh" do exactly?  Does it refresh every time a new track is played, or every time foobar starts up, or what?

This is another example of one of my biggest frustrations with playlist tree, its consistent use of ambiguous language.  I love the component and consider it to be almost essential for me, but some clearer language would make things a lot easier.

I added a section about automatic refreshes to the tutorial.

http://wiki.bowron.us/index.php/Foobar2000...tomatic_Refresh

If you would like to help make the documentation clearer, please PM or email me and I will set you up an account on my wiki and you can help out with the documentation.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1339
I am excited of the new autorefresh features and like to second jkwarras request for making this feature available for other sources: there remains thre more - @node,@database and @drop.

It is the only annoying point of foobar that it doesn't refresh media library automatically on adding or removing files but you have to do it manually. Hopefully the foo_dirwatch plugin will someday be ported or Peter will consider to implement this essential feature in a future version.

But however: I would love it if PT could be able to recognize changes to the database so that it refresh automatically refreshes that queries that have @database as source.

The @drop stuff would be a bigger stuff, i think!

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1340

$if($strcmp($left(%artist%,4),The ),$right(%artist%,$sub($len(%artist%),4))', 'The,%artist%)|%album%|$num(%tracknumber%,2). %title%

I believe this is what you would want.  This sorts by Artist (ignoring "The "), then by album, the by tracknumber (with trackname).

Sweet, dude. Thanks!

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1341
Just like to say that i miss an old feature from PT 1.7: Remove duplicates on add/send to library playlist.

Another point: I don't want to call it a bug because it doesn't affect the functionality - it is just a graphical issue. Often when you expand a node the panel flickers or for a small part of a second the background becomes white. Can anybody confirm this? (This issue appeared in older versions of PT (1.7.xx) too)

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1342
I did some testing with the new autorefresh options and it works very well. There is just one small issue with @queue: If you close foobar while your queue is not empty after restart the queue is flushed but the queue-node in PT still contain the old entries.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1343
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm at a complete loss here...  In preferences -> playlist tree panel -> mouse and keyboard, I can choose the action "add to specified playlist"

Sounds like exactly what I am looking for, but how on earth do I specify what playlist to use? At this moment, when I use this function, nothing happens at all... Am I overlooking something here?

A few days ago I posted this question, after some more research, I think the problem is that this function just doesn't work properly atm.

When I create a keyboard shortcut to add music to a certain playlist, I can point the shortcut directly to Edit Other -> Add to playlist -> NameOfPlaylist. This last step, where you specify the playlist to use, can't be done within Playlist Tree, therefore, it simply does nothing.

Another solution to my problem would be if there was a "Add to library playlist and play" function, but atm there is only "Send to" en "Play in" library playlist, both of which immediately delete everything else I have in this playlist.

Can this be fixed?  or is there another solution?

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1344
After some more testing the autorefresh stuff i have a suggestion. If there is no sort order checked and as format only leaves under the query node then it would be useful if a dropped file is exactly placed in that position of the playlist where it was dropped in pt panel and not automatically to the end.

Reading the last two or three posts i think it would be nice if the good old user_defined_playlist would be reintroduced. Why not in a seperate plugin? There would be people who don't use PT but would like to have a default/central playlist manipulated by context menu, hotkeys or buttons.  Following commands would make sense:

Add to
Add to and play
Add to and play after current
Send to
Send to and play
Send to and play after current
Fit in after playing track
Fit in after playing track and play

The coolest thing is that you can create an own panel in pt, use @playlist<'user-defined'> and has an overview beside of your playlist view (ColumnsUI).

(By the way: Let me explain one of the advantages of my request to use the @playlist query node as a link that opens the original playlist: You click such a query node, the original playlist is opened, you can edit the playlist and the result is reflected by autorefresh. Now you would remove tracks just from library playlist and become confused. Another advantage is that you would take over the attributes of ColumnsUi pllaylists like "read only" and so on. On the other side it makes sense to use the subfolders of such a query node as stuff that is normally sended to library playlist. I believe: a good combination and perhaps it should be optionally.

EDIT: One day later i think even if you have a format for @playlistqueries that uses subfolders it would be nice if the original playlist is opened but then with the special feature that all the tracks of this subfolder are highlighted. Pretty idea?  )

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1345
Looking in Development version and wishlist shows that the autorefresh stuff is rising and rising. I especially love the new feature "respond to file moves and deletes by moving underyling path and removing node respectively". That feature would be completed if "update on tag change" would be reimplemented: in the preview version for foo 0.8.3 that feature worked very well.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1346
Is it possible to create a tree of playlist files using a wildcard and searching recursively? Something like @drop<path\*.m3u>

I'd want a tree of the file names of the playlists.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1347
Is it possible to create a tree of playlist files using a wildcard and searching recursively? Something like @drop<path\*.m3u>

I'd want a tree of the file names of the playlists.

Not currently.

But if you're directory contains only playlists you could @drop the directory and each playlist should make its own subfolder.

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1348
 Release 2.2.beta2
New Features

* reimplemented @fakelevel
    * If the title formatting for a folder node uses non-playlist tag, it will try to find them in the first entry in the node. eliminates the need for a $first or @first function
    * turn off window redrawing when doing a user requested refresh
    * on playback skip files with meta tag SKIP (will not make it to the final release)
    * turn off redrawing while a node is expanded. Less window flashing
    * when removing a file from a auto refresh @queue query, remove it from the queue as well
    * when removing a file from a auto refresh @playlist query, remove it from the playlist as well
    * automatically store to a file in the foobar2000 directory
          o This overrides previous settings, but you can re-load your previously saved file and it will handle the storage and retrieval on its own after that.
    * multiple panels can swap contents from the context menu
    * if you are changing the configuration in columns ui, some of the panel contents can get mixed up. if you remove a panel and a different panel seems to be affected, you can right click on the remaining panel and select which contents it has, including the contents of panels that have been removed.

Bug Fixes

* fixed bug in dropping multiple files onto auto refreshed @playlist/@queue query
    * don't write the contents of @queue query, because queue is not saved between instances

If you install the new version and you had previously been using a save/restore file, its NOT going to load it automatically now... But manually load it using File/Open... and it should now manage the storage and retrieval of content on its own after that... it will save files in foobar2000 profile directory and the files are called playlist-tree-[n].pts, where n will be the panel instance.

You can swap panel contents around from the context menu now, by right clicking somewhere in the panel that is not on any node.  This is also useful if things get mucked up by changing around columns ui layout...

foo_playlist_tree

Reply #1349
Cwbowron.

One of my favorite parts of the Playlist Tree was being able to see what songs had been recently added. With the new version, how would I be able to accomplish this?

the query I used was this

($sub(%systemdate%,%added%) LESS 101) AND ($sub(%systemdate%,%added%) GREATER -1)

I'm not even sure if the Recently Added plugin has been added.

hmmm....