Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar will only run as administrator. (Read 1838 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar will only run as administrator.

I can right click "run as.." administrator and it will run fine. However, if i just click the shortcut it will freeze before drawing anything in it's window. I uninstalled and reinstalled as both myself and administrator and the behavior is the same. However, right after I install as admin, it will run once as myself. I was mistaking that for leaving "run foobar" checked when installing finished. This is really frustrating. Back to winamp/iTunes for now 

Notes: Using 0.8.3, special installer, selecting "normal" and "foobar specific" options.
nForce2 w/ sound storm, windows xp pre-sp2.

Foobar will only run as administrator.

Reply #1
Check your foobar preferences. Under Core/startup check "Enable user profile support". Once this option is enabled, you'll be able to run foobar with normal user rights.