Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: conversion - diskwriter help (Read 1617 times) previous topic - next topic

conversion - diskwriter help

I'm getting errors with this, and all the settings seem fine. It is possible to transcode from .wv to .mp3 without having to go to .WAV first, right?

I have the paths set correctly, and the latest wavpack.dll installed in Foobar 0.8.3.

Here is the console msg:
INFO (foo_clienc) : CLI encoder: C:\unzipped\lame3.96\lame.exe
INFO (foo_clienc) : Destination file: file://C:\Documents and Settings\min\Desktop\09 - Haluaisit sä nähdä mun postimerkkikokoelman.mp3
INFO (foo_clienc) : Source file: file://G:\music\Rock\Art-Wave\more art\Liimanarina - Singles\09 - Haluaisit sä nähdä mun postimerkkikokoelman.wv
INFO (foo_clienc) : 44100Hz 24bps 2ch
ERROR (foo_clienc) : Writing to encoder failed
ERROR (foo_clienc) : Encoding failed
ERROR (foo_diskwriter) : Conversion failed.

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out. Any help appeciated, thanks.

conversion - diskwriter help

Reply #1
Ok I got this working. I still don't know why it wasn't working but here is what I did to make it work:

In the diskwriter prefs page, there is a list of presets in the dropdown box. Of course I had "LAME --alt-preset standard" selected and the EXE path correct. But tonight I noticed that for some reason there were TWO entries for LAME --alt-preset standard in the dropdown box. I selected the other one, checked out its particulars with the "edit" button and everything was the same. So I tried that one. It worked. Unsolved mystery as to why out of two identically configured presets one works and one doesn't. But at this point I don't care anymore. And I found this after an uninstall, removing just about every other plugin, and using alternate LAME builds, none of which worked.