Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP3tag and foobar problemo (Read 1727 times) previous topic - next topic

MP3tag and foobar problemo

I have tried several different ways to encourage foobar to register the changes I make to tags while using MP3tag.

I have the latest version of both proggys. foo 0.83 and MP3tag 2.26.

I thought the problem may only exist if foobar was opened while I was editing tags in MP3tag (with the files in question being loaded in a foo playlist).

As it turns out i can have foo closed and completely change everything about a particular file including it's filename and foo will not read the new tag info.

I am a non-expert foo user and have clicked about trying 'update file info' etc to no avail. This behaviour continued even after uninstall/reinstall foobar to be certain that I had all default settings set.

Help!

Reply #1
Hello!

Please have a look at Mp3tag's options dialog to know which tag types you're writing ('Options, Tags, Mpeg').

Then go to 'Playback, Input, Standard Inputs' at foobar2000's preferences dialog and enable the tag format which you're writing with Mp3tag. If you have no "ID3v2" entry at the "Tag type to write" list, you'll need foo_id3v2.

Then go to foobar2000's playlist, select a file and choose 'Database, Reload info from file(s)' from the right-click menu.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Reply #2
~ Florian, you rock. Thanks for the advice. I feel a bit lame for not trying a bit harder myself! *damn*

I do seem to keep the same problem for a certain set of mp3's. I will get an explaination together and check whats going on first. Many others are sorted out by the solution you gave.