Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 3924069 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7625
Any chance of implementing support within the CUI status pane for global variables and also for the special titleformat values such as the ones below?
Code: [Select]
$get_global(myvalue)
%_system_year%
%_system_month%
%_system_day%
I would need the latter to calculate how long ago a track was played. Works fine in CUI playlist columns, but not within the status pane.

Reply #7626
Can't make any promises, but they both sound like reasonable requests to me 🙂

Reply #7627
Sorry, there is not currently a way to control that padding. It should be marginally increased in the next version if you are using a display scaling factor (DPI) greater than 100%, though.
I'm somewhat confused here.

Do you want to expand the blue highlight to the edges? If so, that's weird, because for me it uses 100% of the available horizontal space by default (it does not get cut off on the sides). Maybe a PSS thing, not sure.

Do you want to increase spacing on the left and right of the text, so it's more centered? Should be doable by adding spaces to the display settings of playlist switcher. Will break search by typing.

Do you want to just increase the separation between different UI elements? You can set the divider length for CUI or there are padding settings when using the Panel Stack Splitter component.

You could also try the Playlist Organizer component, maybe it'll be more to your liking.

Hey guys. Is there any chance this can be done now? I just mean the blue highlights. See iTunes for reference, which has a lot more padding.

Reply #7628
Is there any way to lock the whole UI being resized without using foo_ui_hacks? Locking panels and stuff still lets me resize.

Reply #7629
Is there any way to lock the whole UI being resized without using foo_ui_hacks? Locking panels and stuff still lets me resize.
I think width of 0 does that

Reply #7630
Under Layout, click on the "Misc" tab and deselect the box for "Allow resizing of locked panels".
It's a bit finicky - you might need to lock other panels around the one you want locked. I'd also avoid locking the Playlist view since the columns won't scale if you do that.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #7631
I failed to find this with Google and I'm too lazy to go check sources: Is Columns UI supposed to show selected state for custom buttons added to the UI? I have components that show selection mark next to them in the main menu when they are enabled, but when added as textual button to the UI only their name is shown and not the state. Debugger shows that Columns UI doesn't even query the state when button is clicked.

Reply #7632
It doesn't, as it needs a notification when the state of the button changes when the command is invoked by another method (e.g. if the menu command is clicked, the button needs to update) which I don't think there's a generic method to find out.

However, the uie::button service can be implemented to make it work. ShowGroupsButton in the Columns UI source in button_items.h/button_items.cpp is an example (ShowGroupsButton::s_on_change() is called when the state changes).

Reply #7633
Any idea why playlist tooltips don't display correctly under linux/wine?

See the attached image, upper is Columns UI playlist, lower is EsPlaylist.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020