Skip to main content

Notice

If you are using a Hotmail or Outlook email address, please change it now, as Microsoft is rejecting all email from our service outright.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 3950930 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7650
Hi!) Any chance of implementing this feature?
Babies are crying)

I see no reason for projectM visualizer plugin to integrate 2 SDK's to support it in CUI because i'm not using CUI features at all.

Reply #7651
I don't know if this is a Columns UI question or more of a general Foobar question. How do you change the colors of the buttons/panel borders/status bar? I can't seem to find any options for those. Changing Windows to dark mode also doesn't change it.

Here's an example with my setup. It's mostly dark themed, except the dividers, scrollbars, buttons etc. are all light.
[attach type=thumb]18178[/attach]
Unfortunately, Microsoft haven't documented the relevant API functions that would enable dark mode support. Additionally, those functions are only exported by ordinal (and not by name) and the oridinal numbers can change between Windows 10 versions or even builds. At the moment, the onus is on Microsoft to make those bits of the theming API public and documented.

Reply #7652
Hi!) Any chance of implementing this feature?
Babies are crying)

I see no reason for projectM visualizer plugin to integrate 2 SDK's to support it in CUI because i'm not using CUI features at all.
I don't disagree with your last statement, but doesn't the same apply to me? ;)

In any case, it's not a simple task, hence there has been little movement on it. But, as it's logged on GitHub, it is known.

Re: Columns UI - Separator display: possible to change?

Reply #7653
Noted that a number of multi-value fields - defined as such in Preferences > Advanced > Display > Properties dialog - are being seen as single value (used $meta_num(field) to check).
Selected a number of tracks with the same problem and the same two artists.
- Tried to re-write one track manually (removed ARTIST, then rewritten) - it started to be seen as a multi-value field but, instead of a semicolon, now a comma is displayed as separator.

Is there a way to keep a semicolon on display (not only inside the field)?

[EDIT]
Just answered by @anamorphic:   https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?topic=120429.msg992458#msg992458

Reply #7654
hi. is there a way to change panel caption color and height? thx

Reply #7655
A very long time ago I prepared scripts for Album List Panel in order to show the library according to different hierarchies.
Reviewing them, I noticed for instance $replace(%<artist>%,^,', ').
However (embarrassing part) I simply do not remember the meaning of the %<fieldname>% syntax (and could not find any annotation or online explanation about it).

p.s. I use ^ as separator (e.g. Surname^Name) to avoid commas (or $char(44)) that could led to confusion as the comma serves as parameter separator in functions.

Reply #7656
$replace(%<artist>%,^,', ')
The angled brackets show multiple values individually (splits values) in the library viewer.

(Edited out "separator" misunderstanding... :(  )

Reply #7657
$replace(%<artist>%,^,', ')
The angled brackets show multiple values individually (splits values) in the library viewer.
Thank you.
Could you explain a bit further?
Using Columns-UI, with an artist field that contains 3 values, I have the following results, depending on the Display script:
script             displayed result
$meta(artist) -->  Lazić^Dejan, Carmignola^Giuliano, Gabetta^Sol
%artist%      -->  Lazić^Dejan, Carmignola^Giuliano, Gabetta^Sol
%<artist>%    -->  ?

Also: where's it documented?

Reply #7658
$meta(artist) will use commas between artists. Same as %artist% in that sense.

$meta_sep(artist,|) will put | between artists. Example: Artist1|Artist2|Artist3

$meta_sep(artist,|,+) will put | between artists, except the last one will be a +. Example: Artist1|Artist2+Artist3

%<artist>% is used in some library viewers to separate multivalue artists as different nodes (in tree view usually).

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Reply #7660
Thank you @Daeron; thanks again @anamorphic - searching for "%<" on the forum yields no response.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021