Skip to main content
Topic: Columns UI (Read 3779240 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7375
Thx musicmusic

I know that day would come, spending time on my style :D

After some problems I started over at zero and realised, that any whitespace-character in $set_global() and $set_style() in front of the value makes the function invalid:
ok:
Code: [Select]
$set_global(variable name,variable value)
ok (white space after 'variable value'):
$set_global(variable name,variable value  )
ok (new line after comma):
$set_global(variable name,
variable value)
not ok (white space before 'variable value')
$set_global(variable name, variable value)
I used some space between , (comma) and $rgb() to make the parts better visible ('kay, not really neccessary), but more then that at $set_style() where the definitions are longer due to $if()- and $strcmp()-statements.

Reply #7376
Loading a playlist (.fpl) via foobar2000 or a file manager (File Explorer, Total Commander), the playlist title always is 'New Playlist'. Only when loading a playlist via ColumnsUI's playlist tabs panel, the correct playlist name is shown.

I tried placing different variables into the playlist title formatting field of the 'Playlist switcher' config dialog, tried the same with 'generate playlist names...' in the 'Drag and drop' dialog, but all to no avail. Is there a way to accomplish this?
For double-clicking FPL files in Windows Explorer, the settings in Shell Integration in foobar2000 preferences should apply. The choice there would seem to be to always send opened files to a particular named playlist, or always send them to the active playlist.

All the 'Load playlist...' commands I could find in foobar2000 used the file name of the FPL file for the playlist name.

After some problems I started over at zero and realised, that any whitespace-character in $set_global() and $set_style() in front of the value makes the function invalid:
Generally, spaces matter in title formatting. Hence, they would be included in the variable name or value as far as $set_global() goes. The same is true of $put(), $puts() and $get(). At one point there was an alternative title formatting syntax available (activated using '#script 1') which had quoted strings, but it was then removed.

Columns UI rating stars & grouping

Reply #7377
Hi there,

I love foobar and use it for many years. However, it was always the default UI for me, I am new to columnsUI and found that the new version works great.

The only problems I have:

1)   I cannot find out how to figure out a rating system within the new playlist. I would like to have empty stars or boxes in there that fill up when I rate a track. 5 items altogether would be ideal. I researched a lot on the web but couldn't so far find a piece of code that works.

2) How can I group albums in the following way: I wish to keep everything within one directory together, groupwise but I would like to add more info to this divider: %genre%, %date%; %bitrate%. Is there a way to display these items but not use them for sorting? I tried but ended up with groups containing one file per group

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Reply #7378
Generally, spaces matter in title formatting. Hence, they would be included in the variable name or value as far as $set_global() goes. The same is true of $put(), $puts() and $get(). At one point there was an alternative title formatting syntax available (activated using '#script 1') which had quoted strings, but it was then removed.
ok, thanks. Good to point out, with titleformatting and nested functions things tend to get ugly, until you unknot your own strange poem :)
btw. great to see you again and evolving CUI

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019