Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4624300 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2375
Thanks for clearing that up!

Columns UI

Reply #2376
I have some questions about my foobar. I want to add album art and my visualizations at the top of foobar.  I know how to get the album art up there(disregard it being circled...i was going to ask how to resize it, but i figured it out after i took the screenshot and uploaded it). However, i cannot make the gray "window" it's in smaller. I can move it up and down but cannot change its size.

Secondly, i dont know how to move my visualizations up there. I tried to add it the same way i did the album art, but when i right click the only choice it gives me to add is the album art.

thanks for any help

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']moderation: please refrain from inlining images larger than roughly 800x600 and 80KB. please use thumbnails and/or links for large pictures instead.[/span]

Columns UI

Reply #2377
The option might have moved in the latest alphas, but in 0.1.2, there was an option on the "other" tab called "List all toolbars".  Try checking that.

Columns UI

Reply #2378
The option might have moved in the latest alphas, but in 0.1.2, there was an option on the "other" tab called "List all toolbars".  Try checking that.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=349345"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thankyou!!!

Columns UI

Reply #2379
I checked the requested features and couldn't find it (unless it worded differently), so I'd like to suggest something.

Would it be possible to edit $set_style() to allow the use of $rgb(r1,g1,b1,r2,g2,b2)? See the code example:

Code: [Select]
$set_global(text_colour,$rgb(0,0,0,255,255,255))

$set_style(text,$get_global(text_colour))

as opposed to the current implementation:

$set_global(text_colour,$rgb(0,0,0))
$set_global(text_colour_sel,$rgb(255,255,255))

$set_style(text,$get_global(text_colour),$get_global(text_colour_sel))

As it stands, $set_style() doesn't help at all from a script developer's point of view. In fact, the old vertical pipe seperator method worked much better.

$set_global(text_colour,$rgb(0,0,0)|$rgb(255,255,255))
$set_global(bg_colour,$rgb(255,255,255)|$rgb(0,0,0))

$get_global(text_colour)|$get_global(bg_colour)

Thanks.
</signature>

Columns UI

Reply #2380
By popular demand I will add support for that syntax also. But it will be limited in that e.g. you won't be able to use the third colour of $set_style(back,..)

Columns UI

Reply #2381
A update for Beta 13 would be very nice musicmusic, i'm new here and i love your work  . But i miss your Plugin

Columns UI

Reply #2382
I have some questions about my foobar. I want to add album art and my visualizations at the top of foobar.  I know how to get the album art up there(disregard it being circled...i was going to ask how to resize it, but i figured it out after i took the screenshot and uploaded it). However, i cannot make the gray "window" it's in smaller. I can move it up and down but cannot change its size.

Did you ever figure out this problem? I'm having basically the same problem.

Columns UI

Reply #2383
A update for Beta 13 would be very nice musicmusic, i'm new here and i love your work  . But i miss your Plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350896"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

beta 13 update is out

Columns UI

Reply #2384
Can anyone confirm that top and bottom frames are broken in the latest version for beta 13?

Style column:

$set_style(frame-top,1,$rgb(0,0,0))
or
$set_style(frame-bottom,1,$rgb(0,0,0))

another issue:
removed “show keyboard shortcuts in menus” option, uses global setting now, and fixed some related bugs

Even though Preferences | Display | Show keyboard shortcuts in menus is disabled, most (I tend to say all) menu entries still have shortcuts next to them.

Columns UI

Reply #2385
Is there going to be a way to show/hide the console panel (like a menu item), so it will appear and disappear in place?
I guess you can show the titlebar and double click that, but is a menu item to show/hide possible?  It would be useful for many other uie components also.

Columns UI

Reply #2386
Hmmm I can't get PA16 to start. Heres the error given by foobar:
Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_columns.dll
Reason: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
I've tried deleting my config file thinking it was a leftover setting going wrong from a past install, but that did nothing.

Edit: Alright I think I found the problem, I thought I had the VC++2005 runtimes, but maybe i don't... I'll try installing it and see what happens.
Yep I officially suck. Thanks for the great component

Columns UI

Reply #2387

beta 13 update is out
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351101"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its an early Christmas present 

Columns UI

Reply #2388
Can anyone confirm that top and bottom frames are broken in the latest version for beta 13?

Style column:

or

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351103"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Confirmed.  I was about to post the same thing.

Columns UI

Reply #2389
Now where did the "Show keyboard shortcuts in menus" option go?

Columns UI

Reply #2390

beta 13 update is out
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351101"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Its an early Christmas present 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351112"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

An official release would be better

Columns UI

Reply #2391
It IS an official release.

Columns UI

Reply #2392
Now where did the "Show keyboard shortcuts in menus" option go?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351171"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It is now a global option (i.e. no longer per user interface) and located in Preferences > Display.

Columns UI

Reply #2393
Foosion that's right, but this feature doesn't work with the new version of Columns UI in Beta 13. 

Columns UI

Reply #2394

Style column:

or

another issue:
removed “show keyboard shortcuts in menus” option, uses global setting now, and fixed some related bugs

Even though Preferences | Display | Show keyboard shortcuts in menus is disabled, most (I tend to say all) menu entries still have shortcuts next to them.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351103"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for the reports, I know what's caused no1 and I have a fair idea why no2 isn't working.

Also right clicking on the status bar for now-playing context menu is also broken.

Columns UI

Reply #2395
It is now a global option (i.e. no longer per user interface) and located in Preferences > Display.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351183"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And I thought I checked every possible page on prefs after updating to beta13...

Still, like others already reported, the option doesn't work. Hope musicmusic gets it fixed soon

Also, musicmusic, are you going to support the "Reset page" function some time?

Columns UI

Reply #2396
pa16v2 released.

Is there going to be a way to show/hide the console panel (like a menu item), so it will appear and disappear in place?
I guess you can show the titlebar and double click that, but is a menu item to show/hide possible?  It would be useful for many other uie components also.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351109"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It would be possible to implement either hiding all instances of the panel, implemented on the panel's side, or a more generic hide a specific panel implemented on the host's side. Probably the latter would much better but also less easy to implement. But something like the latter is planned, because something has to replace hiding the sidebar through a keyboard shortcut when the sidebar is axed.

Also, musicmusic, are you going to support the "Reset page" function some time?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351253"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ideally of course it would. But with the many options and tabs to complicate things I can't say when, if ever, I will be motivated to implement it.

Columns UI

Reply #2397
pa16v2 released.

Just posting to confirm that the frame and hotkey issues have been fixed.

Keep up your excellent work :)

Columns UI

Reply #2398
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351109"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It would be possible to implement either hiding all instances of the panel, implemented on the panel's side, or a more generic hide a specific panel implemented on the host's side. Probably the latter would much better but also less easy to implement. But something like the latter is planned, because something has to replace hiding the sidebar through a keyboard shortcut when the sidebar is axed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351339"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Actually this is hitting on something I was wondering about as far as the uie's work, I think ideally (and like you said, it would be harder to implement) you could set a unique name (set in the layout manager), that could be the caption or what ever for a specific instance of a panel, then being able to enum and get the unique name, so you could easily show, hide, etc, for specific panels.  Something where the user could set a unique name would allow for easily being able to tell which window to show/hide, obviously if a component wanted to show hide a panel, it would need to be told which one by the user somehow (like in the prefs for that component).
Something like this would allow for much more dynamic layouts, like showing/hiding different parts of the window when needed, like if someone had two trackinfo panels, one that is always visible, and another that is toggleable, you could easily tell them apart by their unique names.
Glad to hear you have something like this planned.

Columns UI

Reply #2399
pa16v2 released.

Just posting to confirm that the frame and hotkey issues have been fixed.

Keep up your excellent work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351341"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Confirmed here too. And agreed - keep up the excellent work.

Another issue:  if I exit foobar while it's paused and then restart, the status bar reverts to the default "foobar2000 v0.9 beta 13" rather than what I've specified in title formatting.  If I restart the song, the status bar displays correctly. 

In addition, when restarting,  the now playing formatting in the playlist is off until the song is restarted. In prior versions (beta 12), the now playing formatting in the playlist would be visible even if the song was paused.