Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4624012 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2325
Yes please do!

Columns UI

Reply #2326
yay, an update would rock

Columns UI

Reply #2327
yay, an update would rock
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=343974"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

+1

Columns UI

Reply #2328
Patience people. I am sure musicmusic is working on it and will release it when he thinks it is ready.

Columns UI

Reply #2329
Yep, he probably is. It's just such a great plugin

Columns UI

Reply #2330
Yep, he probably is. It's just such a great plugin
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344189"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think this is so great plugin that this should be the Default User Interface.

Columns UI

Reply #2331
I think this is so great plugin that this should be the Default User Interface.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344713"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't think so. The default user interface should be as simple and intuitive as possible and in 0.9 the usage of the default interface has been quite a lot simplified imho. It's nice and easy to use yet powerful regarding the scripting possibilities.
The options of Columns UI have also been cleaned up quite a bit in recent releases (and I hope that the next release will completely get rid of these side bar options) but configuring columns ui is still a task which requires reading/learning beyond the tagz syntax. The situation as it is shouldn't be changed imho.

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #2332
The options of Columns UI have also been cleaned up quite a bit in recent releases (and I hope that the next release will completely get rid of these side bar options)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344722"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why would you remove useful features only to make the pref GUI a tad simpler? It's totally absurd IMO (even though it's been the trend in foobar's betas lately).

Columns UI

Reply #2333
<useless lamenting>
If i'd have the coding-skills of musicmusic and my day would have 35hours, then i'd come up with something which satisfies both(minus the hardcore-"i want to tweak every tiny screw"-people)..... but since thats not the case..... :-(
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Columns UI

Reply #2334
... but since that's not the case you bloat the threads with useless posts (j/k  )

Columns UI

Reply #2335
Why would you remove useful features only to make the pref GUI a tad simpler? It's totally absurd IMO (even though it's been the trend in foobar's betas lately).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=344733"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Afaik musicmusic didn't remove features but made the options quite a bit more "appealing". Regarding the sidebar options: Imho the new layout system is there to completely replace the sidebar and I hope that as soon as all sidebar features are covered by the layout system the sidebar will get removed (so there's no feature loss). This step would make the options even less "heavy".

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #2336
Hm, has anyone news about an update for beta 12?
fb2k isn't the same without ColumnsUI - I don't like the Default UI...

Columns UI

Reply #2338
Hm, has anyone news about an update for beta 12?
fb2k isn't the same without ColumnsUI - I don't like the Default UI...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345536"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If you would have read up the last posts just a bit, your question would have been answered.

Columns UI

Reply #2339
I've read the last posts - but there wasn't an official post from musicmusic, and I thought now it's time to have CUI in Beta 12. :-)
It's a very, very good and important plugin for fb2k, I think.

OT: What about an update for Album list panel?

Columns UI

Reply #2340
Okay, i give up - how do i get the MSVC8 runtime stuff on my PC, if the installer does not work on my system?

- Lyx

Columns UI

Reply #2341
"The requested URL /download/unstable/foo_ui_columns-0.1.3-pa15v2.7z was not found on this server."
Due to too many requests I presume

edit: Nevermind it's now working.

Columns UI

Reply #2342
Okay, i give up - how do i get the MSVC8 runtime stuff on my PC, if the installer does not work on my system?

- Lyx
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345559"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same thing here, it gives error 1723. "A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run." Ironic, huh?

Columns UI

Reply #2343

- Lyx
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Same thing here, it gives error 1723. "A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run." Ironic, huh?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345564"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, as I understand, it should run on Win2000. Do you have [a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=889482FC-5F56-4A38-B838-DE776FD4138C&displaylang=en]Windows Installer 3.1 installed[/url]? Worst come to worst I can static link it.

Columns UI

Reply #2344
Yep, same here....... and when i manually download the beta2 MSVC8 runtime from microsoft...... OR manually download MSVCR80.dll and MSVCP80.dll..... then i get a nice popup-window when launching fb2k:

"procedure entry point _encode_pointer could not be located in the dynamic link library MSVCR80.dll" and ui-columns fails to load.

- Lyx

Columns UI

Reply #2345
Do you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed? Worst come to worst I can static link it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345565"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I never installed it manually. Win2000 SP4 here - and i never installed the whole NET-framework..... don't know if that means "yes" or "no" regarding your question.

- Lyx

Columns UI

Reply #2346
Well, as I understand, it should run on Win2000. Do you have Windows Installer 3.1 installed? Worst come to worst I can static link it.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=345565"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok, that helped. It works fine now. Thx.

Columns UI

Reply #2347
Just to give some positive feedback: Everything works fine here. I downloaded and installed all the provided libraries to make it work.
Sorry that this wont help those with installation problems but I just wanted to report that there are not only people having problems.

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #2348
Worked after upgrading windows installer.

*busy testing out if some previous problems with navigator are fixed now*

- Lyx

edit: save your FCSs before upgrading to beta12/new ui-columns!