Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4624053 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #2301
musicmusic: would it be possible not to show main menu groups that are empty? I'd love to get rid of the "Help" group since I have no use for it and it bloats the menu 

Columns UI

Reply #2302
first what i must say, foobar2k ist just superb you can customize nearly everything, but it's a bit hard to get in...

i allready read on http://music.morbo.org/wiki/ most things about columns ui, but the section about the extensions was not very usefull.. i want  trackinfo as a panel in my foobar2k but how can i do that ?
how can i implantate the extensions as panels ??? for example

Columns UI

Reply #2303
Hi musicmusic,
I love the new custom buttons 
Some remarks though:

* Bug: When appearance is set to 'no edges', the button panel height seems to be derived from the width. Having 64x40 px buttons, this leaves a blank space of 24 px at the bottom..

* Feature request: It would be *great* to be able to cycle between button functions/appearances. Play-pause button, default-random-repeat button, endless possibilities! Please?

* Feat. request: access to the Playlist-Sort options (randomize, artist, ...)

* Feat. request: Would it be possible to also use the custom text for the tooltips (even when images shown without text)?

Thanks in advance..
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

1. Fixed for next version already  (Actually, there was just extra space for text underneath the images)
2. I will add it in to the API (since you said please ) and add the actual funcionality at some later time.
3. Noted, if you look at the current behaviour, I would call that a bug
4. Why would this be useful? I can't really see any good reason, so that one is a no I'm afraid.

There's a little typo at the end of speed test results' notes =)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331079"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Fixed for next build

can anyone tell me how to use the *.fcs files located here:

[a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=31027]http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=31027[/url]

Thanks.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is covered in the FAQ: [a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faqs#what_do_i_do_with_an_fcs_file]http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:faq...ith_an_fcs_file[/url]
That applies to 0.1.2, however.
musicmusic: would it be possible not to show main menu groups that are empty? I'd love to get rid of the "Help" group since I have no use for it and it bloats the menu 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The contents of the menus are dynamic, so its not really possible. What is possible is something like controlling which of the five buttons are displayed from the contextmenu.

first what i must say, foobar2k ist just superb you can customize nearly everything, but it's a bit hard to get in...

i allready read on [a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/]http://music.morbo.org/wiki/[/url] most things about columns ui, but the section about the extensions was not very usefull.. i want  trackinfo as a panel in my foobar2k but how can i do that ?
how can i implantate the extensions as panels ??? for example
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331116"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ok, that ui_extension page was meant for developers, but well it needs some rewriting now anyway. As for inserting the panels, it depends on where you want to insert it and what version of Columns UI you are using. For the sidebar, you need to right click on a caption or divider and select it from there.

Columns UI

Reply #2304
4. Why would this be useful? I can't really see any good reason, so that one is a no I'm afraid.

Well for one it would be more coherent with the text underneath the icons. Also, I just don't like the description of some of the buttons and thirdly, once we can cycle through buttons some tooltips would better read 'Toggle default / random / repeat mode' for instance...
I have to admit it's cosmetics

While we're on the subject.. I suppose the No edges mode is meant for continuous images etc.

Notice that on mousedown the selected (in this case the 3rd) icon moves 1 pixel to the right, which is great as visual feedback. It does leave a 1 pixel gap on the left side in doing so..
Would it be possible to repeat the first left pixel row, instead of moving it?

Already thanks for all the rest!
eph

Columns UI

Reply #2305
musicmusic:  How do you implement the globals in columns_ui?  I had some globals in playlist tree, but I realized I was doing a lot of the formatting of extra variables poorly, and went back and changed the extensions so that they used the extra_items field in the format_title functions for extra variables, and it looks like that is probably how you handle the globals.  But If I put in something with formatting in the extra items it doesnt get formatted. 

i.e. var=$if(%artist%,Yes,No)

%_var% will literally be "$if(%artist%,Yes,No)".  Do you run the global string through a title_format before appending it to the extra_items field?
There used to be a link to my website here.

Columns UI

Reply #2306

Well for one it would be more coherent with the text underneath the icons. Also, I just don't like the description of some of the buttons and thirdly, once we can cycle through buttons some tooltips would better read 'Toggle default / random / repeat mode' for instance...
I have to admit it's cosmetics [a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331350"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ah, well in regards to default/random/repeat button, what I was planning was different states for the button in the API so the image can change, rather than being able to make these toggle buttons yourself. I think it would only have limited applications, and you already have some common ones already (Play or pause, next or random etc.) Not to mention, in your example, it would not be aware of changes to the playback order from elsewhere. So, for your default/random/repeat button it would be implemented in a component, and have a good name

While we're on the subject.. I suppose the No edges mode is meant for continuous images etc.

musicmusic:  How do you implement the globals in columns_ui?  I had some globals in playlist tree, but I realized I was doing a lot of the formatting of extra variables poorly, and went back and changed the extensions so that they used the extra_items field in the format_title functions for extra variables, and it looks like that is probably how you handle the globals.  But If I put in something with formatting in the extra items it doesnt get formatted. 

i.e. var=$if(%artist%,Yes,No)

%_var% will literally be "$if(%artist%,Yes,No)".  Do you run the global string through a title_format before appending it to the extra_items field?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=331891"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To answer your last question: Yes. The string is formatted, the field and value pairs are validated and then passed null delimited and double null terminated, as per the API spec, as the extra_items parameter.

Columns UI

Reply #2307
Is it just me me, or is %__mpc_profile% not working in the status bar [foo_ui_colums 0.1.3 pre-alpha 14]? (works in the default UI]

Cheers,

Tim
I can stay for hours listening to all the sounds... (Samuel Beckett, Rough for Theatre I)

Columns UI

Reply #2308
first of all i'd like to say this plugin is the sole reason i use foobar in the forst place, great work :-)

a small feature request though: would it be possible to quick edit tag-derived fields ?
for example, say i have added a a field called "rating" to all of the songs on a certain play list. with this feature i could, say, alt+left click on the "rating" column entry for a specific song, making the field editable. then i could type the new value and simply press enter of select anything else (leave the field) and my changes would be automatically written to the file ?

it would also be possible to extend this behavior to fields that contain file data like file name, so editing such fields would rename the file, though thats less useful

(and yes, i know of the quick tag plugin but its not compatible with 0.9 beta 10 - which is what im using)

thanks

Columns UI

Reply #2309
That was requested a long time ago, and I think musicmusic said that he'd look into it. We haven't heard anything from it ever since.

Columns UI

Reply #2310
Well, hopefully this is in the right place (I'm new to foobar/this forum), but I'm having a bit of trouble setting up a custom sort on one of my columns.  I created a global variable 'albumdate' that's basically just the date, but only exists for tracks that a part of an album, using the following code:
Code: [Select]
$if(%_track_is_single%,,
$puts(albumdate,$if2(%date%,)))

This seems to be working fine, but sorting by it isn't.  Here's a ss to show my problem:
LINK
The 'aldate' column shows that it's creating the variable fine, but it's sorting as if the ب$num(%_albumdate%,4) line wasn't even there.  Assuming I haven't made a logic error somewhere, it should be sorting the albums by release year... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Columns UI

Reply #2311
in a few 'gallery' shots with Columns UI and mainly the sidebar, I see 'tabs' in some of the panels. For example, in the same 'panel' somebody will have multiple tabs....one for playlist, one for album tree, one for history.

i cant find anything in the forums about how to enable tabs or in the columns preferences. How does one do this? Is this maybe simply a playlist panel with playlists being generated from history or something....how do you do THAT?!
:]
thanks yall for any info or nudges in the right direction.

Columns UI

Reply #2312
in a few 'gallery' shots with Columns UI and mainly the sidebar, I see 'tabs' in some of the panels. For example, in the same 'panel' somebody will have multiple tabs....one for playlist, one for album tree, one for history.

i cant find anything in the forums about how to enable tabs or in the columns preferences. How does one do this? Is this maybe simply a playlist panel with playlists being generated from history or something....how do you do THAT?!
:]
thanks yall for any info or nudges in the right direction.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334120"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you're looking for foo_uie_tabs (version 0.8.3 only at this point, I believe)

Columns UI

Reply #2313
thanks ill check it out

Columns UI

Reply #2315
Just noticed that tabs sometimes weren't properly redrawn.

Say your bar looks like this one:

Then you send to new playlist an album with a very long %artist% - %album% string:

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']yes I'll have to retag the %artist% fields but that's not the point :p[/span]

Then you remove that last playlist by middle-clicking its tab:

Actually it's no big deal as it only affects unfocused tabs' display. You can still switch from one to an other, and creating a playlist gets things back to normal =)

Columns UI

Reply #2316
Regarding custom buttons:

I have one .png with all 7 buttons, but I don't see how to implement it (latest foobar beta & latest columns_ui):

The wiki for the prior columns_ui mentions something like:
Enable to use custom button images; click on the ... button to select the image file. The image should have all seven buttons adjacent to each other in one file, each equal size. The buttons can however be of any size; the buttons will be appropriately sized. This option requires a restart to take effect.

Columns UI

Reply #2317
Is it just me me, or is %__mpc_profile% not working in the status bar [foo_ui_colums 0.1.3 pre-alpha 14]? (works in the default UI]

Cheers,

Tim
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=332260"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It should be working, I can't test at this precise moment in time however. I will take a look tomorrow.

That was requested a long time ago, and I think musicmusic said that he'd look into it. We haven't heard anything from it ever since.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=332386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Well, I said I tried at some point but did not get it working properly. I think I now have enough knowledge to make it work properly and finish my old implementation. But, I also need some spare time, which I don't have much at the moment..

Just noticed that tabs sometimes weren't properly redrawn.

Say your bar looks like this one:
[/span]

Then you remove that last playlist by middle-clicking its tab:
It is something, however, I have seen before (in a different situation) and realistically I think it's a common controls bug and there is only so much I can do to fix it  I will try and look for some hack-fix, nevertheless..

Regarding custom buttons:

I have one .png with all 7 buttons, but I don't see how to implement it (latest foobar beta & latest columns_ui):

The wiki for the prior columns_ui mentions something like:
Enable to use custom button images; click on the ... button to select the image file. The image should have all seven buttons adjacent to each other in one file, each equal size. The buttons can however be of any size; the buttons will be appropriately sized. This option requires a restart to take effect.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=334751"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You will have to cut it up into 7 individual images and then select them from the customise buttons dialog from the context menu of the buttons. Not a complete tutorial, no, but there is some information at the wiki about this

Columns UI

Reply #2318

Cheers,

Tim
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=332260"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The field was renamed to %__codec_profile%; for some reason playing files does not refresh it, but the new name is used in VBR updates nonetheless. Reload the info on your files and use the new field name.

Columns UI

Reply #2319
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']hoi, i`ve one question:
If i want to change the actaully playing cells background color (when its not selected) ,and not only the font color ,where can i do that? Maybe with %isplaying but how ,where?or at global settings?
Thanks for kindly help.[/span]
i got it now.

Another question:
How can i add special line ,into the playlist ,bottom of the total playlist. I want a horizontal line ,or something. Not between the different albums.

Columns UI

Reply #2320
looks like pre-alpha 14 doesn't work with newest beta (11)

Columns UI

Reply #2321
Code: [Select]
Failed to load DLL: foo_ui_columns.dll
Reason: Unable to load DLL. This might be caused by other DLLs required by this DLL not being present, or this DLL requiring different version of the player.

What is it with every beta breaking components lately?
</signature>

Columns UI

Reply #2322
Yep, loaded it up and oops there goes my settings

Columns UI

Reply #2323
What is it with every beta breaking components lately?

Changes are always good    (the other side: as I stick with ColumnsUI latest betas aren't used by me  not good not good)

Columns UI

Reply #2324
Can you update the plugin to work with Beta 12 please
10x in advance